By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PREDICT : UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End Sales PREDICTION Thread!!!

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Liftime Sales

around 7 million 144 46.45%

around 12million 126 40.65%

around 15million 38 12.26%

Total:308
Kelzus said:
enlightenedmaster said:

well walking dead is the most popular zombie entertainment franchise

and the game sold well becuase it was good,i never denied it but for a new IP to sell this well is a rarety

Yeah but if people like the idea of zombies then they like the idea of zombies.

people don't like anything on its own but something relatable or something cools make it like the idea aka walking dead for zombies

I doubt many people bought the game because of the walking dead.

i'm not saying they did,but it sure impacted big time

Creeping around a zombie/plant weirdo infested abandonded building or school while trying to avoid them can be pretty intense whether the walking dead exists or not.

not always,i never really like the idea of zombie as it just looked outright fake and stupid

but after walking dead,i think zombies are cool

Yeah exactly and a second game would be even more hype and could well sell more than the first one.

yeah the first one's success make hype for the 2nd one but expectations are also high and can easily dissapoint

Around the Network
small44 said:

Halo and mario was milked a lot yet their sales still so high and there's no sign of big fall.

as i said HALO benefits alot from massive microsoft marketing,before COD - almost nody wud market a game bigger than MICROSOFT marketing for HALO

plus HALO has been bundled the hell out of 360  and now MASTER CHIEF collection is being bundled with XBONE

If not for discounting,bundling,marketing - HALO 3 wud have sat near 8-9million and other HALO's wud also see atleast 20% sales decline

All games get discount and if someone is not intersted in a games he will not buy it no matter how much you bundle it and how much you make discuounts.

i wasn't really talking abt game discounts,if you have been following gaming for long time.you would know MICROSOFT used to diiscoun the shit out of 360 and used to bundle HALO all year round

if someone is not interested in the game but is getting the console $100 cheaper and with a free game,they are gonna buy the console no matter what

bundling impacts game sales BIG TIME,do you really think SUPER MARIO BROS and Wii Sports sold well on their own basis?......lol

And the whole walking dead serie sold 8.5 millions that less then The last of us how walking dead helped The last of us

i never said walking dead is the only reason LAST OF US sold so much

just that it helped as it popularised the Zombie genre single-handidly

enlightenedmaster said:

as i said HALO benefits alot from massive microsoft marketing,before COD - almost nody wud market a game bigger than MICROSOFT marketing for HALO

plus HALO has been bundled the hell out of 360  and now MASTER CHIEF collection is being bundled with XBONE

If not for discounting,bundling,marketing - HALO 3 wud have sat near 8-9million and other HALO's wud also see atleast 20% sales decline

And Microsoft will always discounting and bundling and heavily advertise Halo so how it will die and halo 5 pre-oder are high too

i wasn't really talking abt game discounts,if you have been following gaming for long time.you would know MICROSOFT used to diiscoun the shit out of 360 and used to bundle HALO all year round

if someone is not interested in the game but is getting the console $100 cheaper and with a free game,they are gonna buy the console no matter what

bundling impacts game sales BIG TIME,do you really think SUPER MARIO BROS and Wii Sports sold well on their own basis?......lol

halo is not the only game bundled if i don't like Halo bundle i would buy another bundle and Mario will always be bundled too

i never said walking dead is the only reason LAST OF US sold so much

just that it helped as it popularised the Zombie genre single-handidly

best selling walking on ps4 didn't sell even 1 millions so if all walking dead player on ps4 bought The last of us then it would still sell more then 9 millions

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

FW: 1.8m
LTD: 9.5m

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

small44 said:

And Microsoft will always discounting and bundling and heavily advertise Halo so how it will die and halo 5 pre-oder are high too

do you really need an answer?a little bit of critical thinking shud solve this

Discounting and bundling and heavy advertising only works for some time.It supports the product but not outright sells the porducts by itself.

If MICROSOFT makes HALO every year then story-wise and following-wise,people are already get tired and after some time stop liking it no matter what

thats how it will die

MICROSOFT advertises Widows phone alot but the product itself isn't good enough so it doesn't even compete with android or iphone no matter how much money they spend on advertising or how cheaply they sell their phones

halo is not the only game bundled if i don't like Halo bundle i would buy another bundle and Mario will always be bundled too

actually alot of times it has been the only game bundled

COD and ASSASSINS bundles are limited,HALO bundles used to sell all year round so people buy the bundle

MARIO is much different than HALO and much bigger franchise,bundled or not it will sell well but still cud flop sometimes

best selling walking on ps4 didn't sell even 1 millions so if all walking dead player on ps4 bought The last of us then it would still sell more then 9 millions

are you reall comapring walking dead small budget indie game to a FULL-FLEDGED $20million game

i wanna debate,but please make the debate interesting,you points are outright bizarre and invalid

Non of the Video Games have become great  movie adaptation and non of the movies or tv shows have become great video game adaption

plus walking dead game was a small time episodic game,did you really expected big things from it

hell small-time GRAN THEFT AUTO(biggest franchise in gaming and entertainment history) game on NDS didn't perform well and you expect walking dead to perform well?

please get urself checked

Moderated for this post, and others - Miguel_Zorro

Around the Network

1.3 first week. 6.5 lifetime. will be restrained mostly by the smaller install base.

3M FW

over 6M end of 2016

10M+ LT

Play Me

enlightenedmaster said:
small44 said:

do you really need an answer?a little bit of critical thinking shud solve this

Discounting and bundling and heavy advertising only works for some time.It supports the product but not outright sells the porducts by itself.

If MICROSOFT makes HALO every year then story-wise and following-wise,people are already get tired and after some time stop liking it no matter what

thats how it will die

MICROSOFT advertises Widows phone alot but the product itself isn't good enough so it doesn't even compete with android or iphone no matter how much money they spend on advertising or how cheaply they sell their phones

actually alot of times it has been the only game bundled

COD and ASSASSINS bundles are limited,HALO bundles used to sell all year round so people buy the bundle

MARIO is much different than HALO and much bigger franchise,bundled or not it will sell well but still cud flop sometimes

are you reall comapring walking dead small budget indie game to a FULL-FLEDGED $20million game

i wanna debate,but please make the debate interesting,you points are outright bizarre and invalid

Non of the Video Games have become great  movie adaptation and non of the movies or tv shows have become great video game adaption

plus walking dead game was a small time episodic game,did you really expected big things from it

hell small-time GRAN THEFT AUTO(biggest franchise in gaming and entertainment history) game on NDS didn't perform well and you expect walking dead to perform well?

please get urself checked

Sorry but you want who he illogical

You say that bundle is the reason why Halo sales are high and then you say bundle are not always effective so it possible too that bundle are not the biggest reasons why Halo sell well.

COD realease yeraly and didn't lead to it's death so Halo too.

Mainline mario never flopped and if it's not true give me the proof

And how a small time episodic game had any effect on a AAA games like The last of us

We are off topic now so i will stop replying to you

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

nanarchy said:
1.3 first week. 6.5 lifetime. will be restrained mostly by the smaller install base.

uncharted 2 launched on 23million PS3 install base

by the time Uncharted 4 launches in March 2016,PS4 will havean install base of 35million

much more than the one UC2 launched on and wen onto sell 6.5million

Also PS4 hardware is growing muuch much faster than PS3 ever did

So ur argument doesn't really stand

enlightenedmaster said:
binary solo said:
Franchise won't grow substantially, so around 7 million. There is an outside chance of breaking 10 million but I think sales will wind up closer to 7 million than 12 million. I hope it achieves first week sales of 3 million though, that would be great.

there is absolutely no way UNCHARTED as a series will wind up near 7million

If Assassins,FIFA,COD,HALO,GT,FF,LAST OF US,etc make it to 10million then surely UC4 can

I am talking data as per VGChartz, plus digital could be a different story. Which of those franchises has made it to 10 million on a single platform? Not Fifa, not Ass Creed. Cod, yes because it's Cod. GT sometimes makes it to 10 million but not consistently and it's been a flagship franchise since PS1. Only 1 out of 5 Halo games has passed 10 million physical. TLOU needed a PS4 remaster to reach 10 million, unconfirmed and still only with digital added. TLOU IS a better game than Uncharted.

Anyway the options are around 7 million and around 12 million, so I went with 7 million because I don't think it will go above 9.5 and below 9.5 means closer to 7 than 12.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix