By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PREDICT : UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End Sales PREDICTION Thread!!!

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Liftime Sales

around 7 million 144 46.45%

around 12million 126 40.65%

around 15million 38 12.26%

Total:308
Miguel_Zorro said:

LOL @ those Golden Abyss numbers.

I'm one of those 1.4 million.

it might have reached 2million with digital sales

thats almost 20% VITA attach rate................pretty cool huh?

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
No option in the pole for 9 129 528?
No vote from me them...

wats 129 and 528?

I would guess somewhere around 10million maybe.

enlightenedmaster said:

LAST OF US was a break-out hit and it is hard to sustain its high popularity plus benefited from Walking Dead Zombie craze

Where did you get this idea from? The game was a hit because it was a fucking amazing game. And what does the walking dead have to do with it? 

enlightenedmaster said:
small44 said:

Gran turismo will never die just like Halo and Mario.

The last of us 2 can sell less then the first one or more then the first one

oh GRAN TURISMO can surely die and was dying but there seems to have been a racing genre resurrrection with

Driveclub,forza horirzon,forza motorsport,crew,nfs,motorstorm,gran turismo,etc

HALO is already dying and MARIO can easily vanish but Nintendo keep mario games standards high

it might seem now,but one something flop,it drops like a rock to the bottom of the sea and suddenly 5-10years pass and you forget about it

Gran turismo was always bigger then all those racing games it's the biggest Sony Ip and will always be.

What make you think that Halo and mario will die there's no sign

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Kelzus said:

I would guess somewhere around 10million maybe.

enlightenedmaster said:

LAST OF US was a break-out hit and it is hard to sustain its high popularity plus benefited from Walking Dead Zombie craze

Where did you get this idea from? The game was a hit because it was a fucking amazing game. And what does the walking dead have to do with it? 

well walking dead is the most popular zombie entertainment franchise

and the game sold well becuase it was good,i never denied it but for a new IP to sell this well is a rarety

Around the Network
small44 said:

Gran turismo was always bigger then all those racing games it's the biggest Sony Ip and will always be.

yes it was but it also relased only 2 times per generation after 3 year gap

it is the biggest Sony IP but it cud easily be outsold by UNCHARTED which is also a more accesible game compared to GRAN TURIMSO

HALO is already pretty fatigued franchise,it has been milked to death over the last 8 years

it does well as MICROSOFT doesn't really have anything else and also they pump alot of money into 343 Industies and also in HALO marketing plus discounts and bundles help its sales

but HALO is nowhere near when HALO 1,2,3 Class and legendary following nowdays,you have to be blind not notice this

If MICROSOFT didn't invest the a,ount it invest in 343 industries or marketing or discounts or bundles,HALO wud almost drop half its popularity today and sales wud take a major hit

and the way they are milking HALO,in 5years if they are milking it the same way as now,no matter how much money,marketing,bundle,etc MICROSOFT provides,HALO will be just a mid-level franchise

As for MARIO,allmost all of NINTENDO franchises have been milked to death and MARIO for sure has been milked alot.

Maio still sells big time,but its common sense it no longer a revolution like Super Mario Bros and also not as legenday as it once was.

It still sells as gamers have nostalgia and they like mario and puzzle platformers and kids also like it

but if not for that,MARIO will have a difficulty standing up by itself

Franchise won't grow substantially, so around 7 million. There is an outside chance of breaking 10 million but I think sales will wind up closer to 7 million than 12 million. I hope it achieves first week sales of 3 million though, that would be great.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

enlightenedmaster said:

well walking dead is the most popular zombie entertainment franchise

and the game sold well becuase it was good,i never denied it but for a new IP to sell this well is a rarety

Yeah but if people like the idea of zombies then they like the idea of zombies. I doubt many people bought the game because of the walking dead. Creeping around a zombie/plant weirdo infested abandonded building or school while trying to avoid them can be pretty intense whether the walking dead exists or not.

Yeah exactly and a second game would be even more hype and could well sell more than the first one.

binary solo said:
Franchise won't grow substantially, so around 7 million. There is an outside chance of breaking 10 million but I think sales will wind up closer to 7 million than 12 million. I hope it achieves first week sales of 3 million though, that would be great.

there is absolutely no way UNCHARTED as a series will wind up near 7million

If Assassins,FIFA,COD,HALO,GT,FF,LAST OF US,etc make it to 10million then surely UC4 can

enlightenedmaster said:
small44 said:

yes it was but it also relased only 2 times per generation after 3 year gap

it is the biggest Sony IP but it cud easily be outsold by UNCHARTED which is also a more accesible game compared to GRAN TURIMSO

HALO is already pretty fatigued franchise,it has been milked to death over the last 8 years

it does well as MICROSOFT doesn't really have anything else and also they pump alot of money into 343 Industies and also in HALO marketing plus discounts and bundles help its sales

but HALO is nowhere near when HALO 1,2,3 Class and legendary following nowdays,you have to be blind not notice this

If MICROSOFT didn't invest the a,ount it invest in 343 industries or marketing or discounts or bundles,HALO wud almost drop half its popularity today and sales wud take a major hit

and the way they are milking HALO,in 5years if they are milking it the same way as now,no matter how much money,marketing,bundle,etc MICROSOFT provides,HALO will be just a mid-level franchise

As for MARIO,allmost all of NINTENDO franchises have been milked to death and MARIO for sure has been milked alot.

Maio still sells big time,but its common sense it no longer a revolution like Super Mario Bros and also not as legenday as it once was.

It still sells as gamers have nostalgia and they like mario and puzzle platformers and kids also like it

but if not for that,MARIO will have a difficulty standing up by itself

Halo and mario was milked a lot yet their sales still so high and there's no sign of big fall.

All games get discount and if someone is not intersted in a games he will not buy it no matter how much you bundle it and how much you make discuounts.

And the whole walking dead serie sold 8.5 millions that less then The last of us how walking dead helped The last of us

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m