By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Do Sony, Microsoft And/Or Nintendo Have To Do, To Lose Your Respect?

Tagged games:

Do You Respect Sony, Microsoft And/Or Nintendo?

Yes, I respect at least o... 68 72.34%

No, I respect is for chumps!! 8 8.51%

See Results :-)! 18 19.15%

Total:94

I lose respect for any company that badmouths other companies and their fans, and any company that doesn't respect its own fans as gamers.

I've regained much lost respect for Sony, who said a lot of really messed up stuff about the competition last gen. Since then they've been super cool about everything and have put a ton of focus on pleasing and empowering gamers.

Microsoft went down to about 0% in the respect department when the president himself basically called all Nintendo gamers babies who should be embarrassed to go out in public, and with all that early-gen craziness they sent out the message: "Gamers don't matter, and we control every aspect of your entertainment, and that's final." Since then they've been slowly regaining that respect, but it's a long road.

Nintendo has always been cool with me--easily the coolest of the bunch in this regard--but their stubbornness and refusal to actually do what the fans want is making my opinion slip a bit south. Then with Reggie saying all this rude jazz recently, they're getting into territory I never thought they would.

Around the Network

Ms pissed me off when I hopped on the 360 train and suffered 3 RRoD in addition to nickel and diming me for everything.

Nintendo whom I have had large amounts of respect for in the past will continue losing respect if they keep letting Reggie talk. Otherwise, I appreciate their morals.

Sony has made me money and I'm a sucker for the underdog lol. So in that aspect, I suppose what would make me lose respect for them would be making bad business decisions that will lead them to bankruptcy

Microsoft lost me after E3 2013 because they did everything i absolutely hate in a product.
Now i am a happy PC and PS gamer 90% of the year

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Nintendo: Go full mobile
Sony: Idk what they could do to lose my respect. Maybe forcing ps now on me or something like that or making me go all digital.
Microsoft: I never had much respect for them, but i lost the last bit i had during e3 2013.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

0 zelda at e3 2015
0 persona 5 at e3 2015
Crap Rare game at e3 2015

Around the Network

All 3 already have. But it's not like I have a choice to not support their systems.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nintendo: already done
Sony: by releasing thr PS5 earlier than 2018
Microsoft: idk, never cared for them

Hmm, I`d probably lose respect to the companies that move to all digital, and Nintendo if they start charging for online play. Hopefully the NX doesn`t do that.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Microsoft, Sony nor Nintendo ever had my respect. That's reserved for people/ companies that actually do stuff for the greater good.

Respect is too personal of a word to describe how I would admire heartless corporations ...

I prefer "trusting" or "accepting" their visions but no console manufacturer has that from me yet ...