By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Now: I'd Like the Ability to fully purchase games

Will you upvote the idea? (Remember to follow the link to do so)

Of course, such a great idea! 22 53.66%

No, I dont want to make dreams come true 19 46.34%

Total:41

Frankly, I don't think there is any way Sony could please everybody with PS Now.

The ideal scenario was we would be able to access all their digital content via PS Now, but obviously Sony can't do that. At least with 3rd party content.

Bottom line, PS Now is a cool service if you want to play select PS3 games with no access to a PS3. Which is why PS Now should be on PC, but Sony doesn't want their games played on PC.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Frankly, I don't think there is any way Sony could please everybody with PS Now.

The ideal scenario was we would be able to access all their digital content via PS Now, but obviously Sony can't do that. At least with 3rd party content.

Bottom line, PS Now is a cool service if you want to play select PS3 games with no access to a PS3. Which is why PS Now should be on PC, but Sony doesn't want their games played on PC.

I won't be surprised if it launches on PC. Sony has already confirmed they don't fear the PC as a direct threat with all the console exclusives and xplay recently.

They already expanded outside of Sony products by allying with Samsung... so yeah... expect it expanding in the next few years.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Have fun paying 1000k dollars for one game.

If you want to buy a game instead of renting, then buy it.. There are no games exclusive to PS Now, you always have a choice.

If they would allow us to buy PS1 and PS2 games, then I'd agree. But they don't. PS Now is the only way to play the unless you want to go to Ebay and buy old consoles and games.

Emulation on PC is always an option for PS1 and PS2. For PS3 games, I suggest just getting a PS3.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

sabvre42 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I won't be surprised if it launches on PC. Sony has already confirmed they don't fear the PC as a direct threat with all the console exclusives and xplay recently.

They already expanded outside of Sony products by allying with Samsung... so yeah... expect it expanding in the next few years.

Putting PS Now on Samsung TVs is very different than putting it on PC.

People keep telling Sony doesn't fear PC as a threat yet we're still waiting for PS Now on PC. Putting it on PC is where they will likely get the most subscribers yet they avoid it.

Recently Completed

i just want a sub that allows my previously purchased games to be cross buy with psnow.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
sabvre42 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

People keep telling Sony doesn't fear PC as a threat yet we're still waiting for PS Now on PC. Putting it on PC is where they will likely get the most subscribers yet they avoid it.

It takes time Puggsly... Sony just purchased the OnLive patents like exactly 4 months ago. My guess is they are hacking the OnLive client to support PS Now instead of writing the client themselves.

kitler53 said:
i just want a sub that allows my previously purchased games to be cross buy with psnow.

I'm a huge supporter of this. Make the PSNow sub grant you access to all your PS3 games that are on the platform in addition to their sub libarary.

Problem is - Microsoft just made this a PR nightmare.

Sony: "Hey guys we are proud to announce that we are giving you access to your existing digital PS3 library as an added benefit of the PS Now Subscription."
Microsoft: "Ha - Forgot those guys, we offer you the game OFFLINE for FREE. Forget that our library is smaller and requires you to be on a XB1 specifically ... its FREE!"

sabvre42 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

It takes time Puggsly... Sony just purchased the OnLive patents like exactly 4 months ago. My guess is they are hacking the OnLive client to support PS Now instead of writing the client themselves.

Sorry, that's a lame excuse.

They didn't need to buy OnLive to get the app on PC. If they could get it on PS3, PS4, Vita, PS TV, Samsung TVs, and other devices... well then I think they could figure out how to make a PC port of the app.

We're just talking about streaming video app here. Sony could probably that app ready in a few hours if they really wanted PS Now on PC.

Recently Completed

sabvre42 said:
kitler53 said:

I'm a huge supporter of this. Make the PSNow sub grant you access to all your PS3 games that are on the platform in addition to their sub libarary.

Sony: "Hey guys we are proud to announce that we are giving you access to your existing digital PS3 library as an added benefit of the PS Now Subscription."
Microsoft: "Ha - Forgot those guys, we offer you the game OFFLINE for FREE. Forget that our library is smaller and requires you to be on a XB1 specifically ... its FREE!"

Oh boy... how do you come up with this nonsense?

Did you consider Sony legally can't give us access to all of our digital content for use on PS Now? Atleast not without permission.

Also, PS Plus probably wouldn't cover the bandwidth cost of PS Now. Sony paid hundreds of millions for Gaikai, they don't want people playing free. Instead you would have to pay another fee to play your games on PS Now.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
sabvre42 said:
kitler53 said:

Oh boy... how do you come up with this nonsense?

Did you consider Sony legally can't give us access to all of our digital content for use on PS Now? Atleast not without permission.

Also, PS Plus probably wouldn't cover the bandwidth cost of PS Now. Sony paid hundreds of millions for Gaikai, they don't want people playing free. Instead you would have to pay another fee to play your games on PS Now.

Read my post again buddy... in fact, read my reply to the OP. I said the exact same thing you did in regards to PS+ not covering the costs.

$2.5-4.16 does not cover the server costs. However, $15-20 would.