By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US July monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
WoodenPints said:

PS4 standalone has been in the Monthly charts but has dropped out at the moment.

Yes, but that deosn't make sense. The Fool's edition is consistantly in the top 100 and sometimes quite high in the top 100. It SHOULD appear in the monthly every month but doesn't.

Earlier thisn year it didn't show at all in the monthly charts but June + July it has been there.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:

Earlier thisn year it didn't show at all in the monthly charts but June + July it has been there.

Then clearly they've started to rectify a mistake but it's still not fully rectified. It was there all along and never showed up. If it's ALWAYS (and as far as I remember it was) in the top 100 then it HAS to also ALWAYS be in the top 100 monthly. We've been discussing this in every Amazon thread.

The PS5 Exists. 

Sixteenvolt420 said:
If it weren't for our country, Xbox would be completely screwed.

Just like Wii U and Vita would be screwed without Japan.

GribbleGrunger said:
WoodenPints said:

Then clearly they've started to rectify a mistake but it's still not fully rectified. It was there all along and never showed up. If it's ALWAYS (and as far as I remember it was) in the top 100 then it HAS to also ALWAYS be in the top 100 monthly. We've been discussing this in every Amazon thread.

Not necessarily. If the objects ranked higher than PS4 have a big turnover (if they stay not long in the top 100) but at the same time sell more than PS4 sell in the whole month then there could be 200 objects that sold better overall during the whole month than the PS4 "fools edition".

AFloatingDuck said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
If it weren't for our country, Xbox would be completely screwed.

They're already screwed regardless. If you make a product for international use and it only does well in one or two markets, you've dropped the ball somewhere along the line.

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:
AFloatingDuck said:

They're already screwed regardless. If you make a product for international use and it only does well in one or two markets, you've dropped the ball somewhere along the line.

Oh yeah, they're screwed, just not completely.

GribbleGrunger said:
WoodenPints said:

PS4 standalone has been in the Monthly charts but has dropped out at the moment.

Yes, but that deosn't make sense. The Fool's edition is consistantly in the top 100 and sometimes quite high in the top 100. It SHOULD appear in the monthly every month but doesn't.

if the sales are to low, it won't chart

if the unit is in the hourly top 100 for some time or not doesn't matter

the july gap will be very close again
august will be a xbox win

next interesting npd will be september

sveskaja said:

You replied as if it actually bothers me. LOL. I just find it odd. And the gap will likely be about the same as June, if not slightly bigger.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
sveskaja said:

You replied as if it actually bothers me. LOL. I just find it odd. And the gap will likely be about the same as June, if not slightly bigger.

why odd. i just explain to you, how this works.

bloodborn was never high in the top 100 hourly for july
than the prime day deal happened and it shoot up to 8 in the monthly (didn't chart before)

sveskaja said:

why odd. i just explain to you, how this works.

bloodborn was never high in the top 100 hourly for july
than the prime day deal happened and it shoot up to 8 in the monthly (didn't chart before)

No, the fact the Fool's edition PS4 is always around #50 and has only just shown up in the monthly charts. Something is definitely wrong there. Or at least it was.

The PS5 Exists.