By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft may be interested in buying AMD (Rumour)

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2015/06/microsoft-buying-amd-bad-for-everyone-except-xbox/

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network

Yeah, no. Nintendo would probably just stop all development because the technology we have now is perfect for games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hmm, a good way to get into the pc hardware market a lot more.... I know they have something there already. Not sure how much, though.

Could align development for operating systems and hardware.

Going to take the rumour with a grain of salt.

Most likely a rumor.

Around the Network

This would be something :D Perhaps AMD owners get good drivers, then?

Yeah....I'm sticking to Intel anyways. But by all means microsoft, buy all the things!

On a side note, at least their minecraft purchase finally made sense to me, after that hololens presentation.

That would be just the type of anti-competitive act that I wouldn't put past MS (yes I know that there's more to AMD then the console chipsets or whatever they provide to the systems).

Well, I believe Microsoft have been trying to expand once again on the PC market, so buying one of the biggest hardware developers for that market would be a definitive proof. They'll try to compete against Steam in a couple of years.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

If they do so it'll be completely irrelevant to the console market.