Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Concept: How the Wii U Gamepad should had looked

Do you like the Concept?

Yes, the gamepad should look like this 29 21.64%

no, the gamepad is perfect 57 42.54%

no, they should use a com... 48 35.82%

Total:134
Aquietguy said:
thatguymarco said:

Because it does nothing but damage the integrity of the console with gamers, sometimes damaging the quality of games by questionable design choices made because of it, and increasing the price of the thing by a significant amount making it less accessible, even for fans. Regarding Ninty's reputation, as if it wasn't already bad enough that the Wii made Nintendo the laughing stock of the industry, the Wii U served as confirmation for people that never took the Wii as a real console that Nintendo in their mind sucked, limiting Nintendo's market by a lot, and making their things a lot harder to market in the long run.

Imagine a Wii U with a normal controller, selling for 250 on day of release, with appealing games that didn't rely on gimmicks and made with Ninty fans of mind, sounds good right? I can say with no hasitation that the Wii U could've sold 15 M by now if that was the case, but Nintendo sucks at making logical decisions and unfortenely it wasn't.

What games that rely on gimmicks?

Not many, well,  not a lot REQUIRE the gimmicks, it just makes the game incomplete if you don't play it with said gimmicks, but, regardless, that was not my point, my point that there SHOULD have been more hardcore Ninty games at launch instead of Nintendo Land.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
oniyide said:

sounds a little bit confusing and expensive

you should have told nintendo that when they were planning the wiiu.

hilarious

thatguymarco said:
Aquietguy said:

What games that rely on gimmicks?

Not many, well,  not a lot REQUIRE the gimmicks, it just makes the game incomplete if you don't play it with said gimmicks, but, regardless, that was not my point, my point that there SHOULD have been more hardcore Ninty games at launch instead of Nintendo Land.

I agree they should have had more games ready.  I have said many times that they should have used some ofthatmoney they made from the wii to greatly improve there game producing ability. But ilthis gimmick nonsense needs to end. The pad has proven to be very useful and beneficial. The only problem is the lack of games. 

Maelstrome said:
ErikaEinhardt said:

I know what you mean, its the main reason I want this controller... er controllers??

I like these kind of designs.. After using the wii remote and nunchuck i was hoping for it to become more common.

I just want to watch somebody use that weird thing

OH LAWD... That thing is hideous.