By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario in Unreal Engine 4

Tagged games:

What is your opinion?

Unreal engine 4 looks ama... 22 53.66%

Mario should stay with th... 11 26.83%

Perfect combination of UE and Mario! 8 19.51%

Total:41

Very nice! Looks like they got the movement down. Now for people to start making levels for this thing.

Wish Nintendo would make a Mario game with lighting like this, but I'm sure it'll never happen. Even if they do get the hardware for it.

Around the Network

I can't believe no one has got the point of this video yet.

This isn't trying to show Mario in modern environments. In fact the environments shown are just stock pre-built demo environments that ship with Unreal Engine 4.

What this video is trying to show is how quick and easy it was for the creator to replicate the Super Mario 64 model and physics into UE4. All the moves have been created from scratch using the blueprints visual scripting feature from UE4 and as you can see from the end of the demo the moves look exactly like they do from SM64. 

What he is trying to show is how easy this was to do for someone with little to no programming knowledge and how well it works. He's showing this off to say to people look what is possible and how good it looks and the potential of UE4.

Best of all Unreal Engine 4 is free so anyone can do this if they put in a little effort. It's an amazing tech demo when you think about it. 

It looks nice, even though Mario doesn't really fit in the environment shown off in the video. I wouldn't mind seeing people seeing this and taking the idea further.

3d world looks better.

The styles don't match. Separately they look good

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Looks very interesting, Nintendo will do mega things when they give up hardware and go full on software for the best available platform.

Looks weird.

looks cool and weird at the same time :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Recent iterations of Sonic the Hedgehog comes to mind as I watch that video.

Something is off