By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opinion - Why Nintendo's Digital Event was my favourite E3 conference

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/25/opinion-why-nintendos-digital-event-was-my-favorite-e3-conference

I liked Nintendo's E3 digital event. Some of that affinity derives from the Muppet-shaped hole in my heart, a void that only a felt-and-plush Satoru Iwata could fill. IGN's official review of the presentation highlights some real problems with what Nintendo did (or didn't) have to show off this year, but I came out of the digital event smiling, excited, and happy, because Nintendo is giving me a lot of what I want.IGN's Official Review of Nintendo's E3 Digital Event

Nintendo showed me that they are the only major hardware manufacturer that still cares about supporting mobile gaming on a dedicated device. Sony's first party support for my beloved Vita has slowed to a trickle, but half the games Nintendo highlighted on Tuesday were 3DS titles. I often fill the time during long bus commutes with Etrian Mystery Dungeon or A Link Between Worlds, and in the coming year I'm getting a new Zelda, a new Metroid, and a new Fire Emblem on my handheld. The folksy vibe of Yo-kai Watch intrigues me in a way Pokemon never has, and Paper Jam has me chomping at the bit to play.

Around the Network

If you like handhelds...sure. For those of us that have never really gotten into that scene, not so much.

This is not my opinion guys, just to be clear. I found this IGN article to be funny that's why I posted it here.

"I'm getting a new Zelda, a new Metroid, and a new Fire Emblem on my handheld."

Spin-off
Spin-off

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I feel the same way. It's a warm feeling to know that I not alone. Nintendo 3DS is just tootin along, and it already taken over Japan.

Around the Network

w... t... f... Did I just read.

TL:DR version =

"Nintendo showed me that they are the only major hardware manufacturer that still cares about supporting mobile gaming on a dedicated device."

+ Muppets + Game creation kits + Developer Stories

=  His favorite E3 event.

^ someone is a big nintendo fan :)

Though not good, the Digital Event isn't as bad as everyone says it is, especially if you do not have a Wii U. People were expecting big titles for the Wii U like Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario etc. and they didn't show any of that. That's why it's a huge disappointment to most people

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I actually saw this yesterday. The IGN comments certainly shit on him tho.

Personally, I'm looking really forward to Fire Emblem: Fates and Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, but that's it.

I'm not sure how anyone can say that. Sony's was easily the best one.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

JRPGfan said:

w... t... f... Did I just read.

TL:DR version =

"Nintendo showed me that they are the only major hardware manufacturer that still cares about supporting mobile gaming on a dedicated device."

+ Muppets + Game creation kits + Developer Stories

=  His favorite E3 event.

^ someone is a big nintendo fan :)

What's weird is the guy is a part of gaming journalism and he is shocked that Sony focused on their selling PS4 and not their sadly dying Vita and Nintendo showed love for their Selling 3ds moreso than their slow selling Wii-u. I don't really understand how someone doesn't get companies pushing their strong system at E3.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive