By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will a The Legend of Zelda game ever sell +10 million?

No. 69 50.74%

yes. 37 27.21%

I like trains. 30 22.06%

Total:136

Well, the record as for now is Ocarina of Time on N64, with +7 million sold... it tecnically broke 10 million if we include 3DS+N64 version, but i talk about individual SKUs...

Do you think will EVEN IF SEEM SUPER UNLUCKY  ever happen? :(

B_E_L_I_E_V_E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

on android ios yes

If Zelda U is a Wii U exclusive it definitely will not. We'll wait an see how NX sells to see if a zelda will do it. But if it didn't do it on the Wii I doubt it'll happen.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I can't see it happening at this point.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

JNK said:
on android ios yes

Yeah a Zelda mobile minigame would definitely achieve that.

Otherwise, maybe if Sony and Microsoft employees somehow disappeared and Nintendo had a console monopoly, lol.

Around the Network

Probably not. If Twilight Princess couldn't, considering the fact that it was a highly rated Zelda that was out during the heyday of the Wii, I don't think any game will. Honestly, I've never understood why Twilight Princess didn't sell better...

Only if its what fans want and it's on a successful home console which will only happen when Nintendo lets go of it's philosophy which is clearly not working in the 21st century except for the Wii which only hurt them in the long run.

Unless the Wii U version of Zelda has a 2/3 attach rate, it won't. We'll have to wait and see for the NX version, though if the Wii didn't do it with Zelda, the NX probably won't either.

MohammadBadir said:
JNK said:
on android ios yes

Otherwise, maybe if Sony and Microsoft employees somehow disappeared and Nintendo had a console monopoly, lol.

dont haved to be a minigame. there is a zelda clone on ios called oceanhorn (or something similar). Its inferior to the home consoles zeldas but i can see something like this made by nintendo and will easily sell 10m + (for like 5€ though)

JNK said:
MohammadBadir said:

dont haved to be a minigame. there is a zelda clone on ios called oceanhorn (or something similar). Its inferior to the home consoles zeldas but i can see something like this made by nintendo and will easily sell 10m + (for like 5€ though)

Would Nintendo do something like that though?