By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will a The Legend of Zelda game ever sell +10 million?

No. 69 50.74%

yes. 37 27.21%

I like trains. 30 22.06%

Total:136

No, unless it gets ported to other systems, which won't happen anytime soon

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Windwaker had the aesthetic that was really polarising at the time.
Twlight Princess launched on dated hardware in 2006
Skyward Sword had both dated hardware+less appealing artstyle.

If they launch a Zelda on up to date hardware or at least up to date visuals, whilst on a console userbase is still highly active (first 3 years) with an artstyle that doesn't limit its success, then sure.

MohammadBadir said:
JNK said:

dont haved to be a minigame. there is a zelda clone on ios called oceanhorn (or something similar). Its inferior to the home consoles zeldas but i can see something like this made by nintendo and will easily sell 10m + (for like 5€ though)

Would Nintendo do something like that though?

I dont know. Others publishers made "real" games also (like deadspace, fifa, Assassins creed) not sure if nintendo will only make spin off mini games or real games

I thought it had by now... Probably never then.

Of course it will - all they need to do is go multiplat, visually make it look like Witcher 3, call it Legend of Xeldar and have Link look like this:

15mils, at least

Around the Network

if it ever has a realistic art style it might in the future otherwise no

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

SJReiter said:
Probably not. If Twilight Princess couldn't, considering the fact that it was a highly rated Zelda that was out during the heyday of the Wii, I don't think any game will. Honestly, I've never understood why Twilight Princess didn't sell better...

Twilight princess didn't sell as well as I thought it would either , and I think it can be attributed to its name . anything with princess in the title is a hard sell to teenage males ( unless they were already Zelda fans ) in America . 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

If it remains exclusive to Nintendo platforms, the answer in no. If it doesn't remain exclusive, then yes there is a pretty good possibility that it will break the 10 million barrier.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

CityOfNoobs said:
SJReiter said:
Probably not. If Twilight Princess couldn't, considering the fact that it was a highly rated Zelda that was out during the heyday of the Wii, I don't think any game will. Honestly, I've never understood why Twilight Princess didn't sell better...

Twilight princess didn't sell as well as I thought it would either , and I think it can be attributed to its name . anything with princess in the title is a hard sell to teenage males ( unless they were already Zelda fans ) in America . 

Interesting. Never thought of the name. I suppose you could be on to something, and if so, that's a real shame because that game is awesome and should have sold better.

I was like why the fuck are you guys talking about Zelda mobile games. I should really stop clicking on threads without reading the title.