By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "We really dislike Nintendo users" - Project Cars head of studio

oh, the internet. so much drama over nothing.

Around the Network

It was sarcasm...

But he was also annoyed during that day because uninfomed news sites claimed that it was a kickstarter game and that it was financed by Wii U owners.

daredevil.shark said:

TBH he is stating an ugly truth. Third party games dont sell well in Nintendo systems. Yet vocal minorities keep them poking in internet. Yes. Its unprofessional. But it seems developers are angry over Nintendo. Plus many developers have already joked about Nintendo's attitude in gaming industry.

Thing of it is, the Wii U version was one of the most popular, most hyped versions prior to this huge falling out.

Playstation and Xbox execs have had poor beliefs and attitudes as well. Why haven't developers spoken up about that before?

A guy like this shouldn't be on a forum. If they wanted to be free from the burden of doing the port, they should have quietly gotten an outsourcing partner like Shin'en, Armature, Tantalus or just about anyone else and not said anything.

It's sad to see this. I was hoping one day Slightly Mad could have taken on a Nintendo IP like Excitebike, WaveRace, or 1080 snowboarding. Now that for sure won't happen.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

cycycychris said:
He just joking, at least I think. But they aren't handling this situation the best. They used the wii u for advertising and knew for a long time that the version stood no chance.

Yeah I'd say that was a joke. It seems to be a very typical British satire comment.

To be fair, "used Wii U for advertising". I think it's more the media grabbed the Wii U version because, holy shit, a 3rd party developer proposing to put a full fledged racing Sim on a Nintendo system... rather than them thinking "if we pretend we're making a Wii U version, well get lots of publicity".

I mean, saying you're making a Wii U version, is something aimed at Wii U owners, so ultimately then not releasing on Wii U pretty much negates any attention that marketing had amassed.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Yeah, like other people said, he was just being sarcastic. Although that's probably how he actually feels though since Nintendo fans aren't buying third party games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

So is he gonna get banned from VGC now?

edit: Someone got quickly offended it seems^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Thanks Iwata...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Geez, they ain't out to get you I promise!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Bad joke. Such poor taste.

daredevil.shark said:

TBH he is stating an ugly truth. Third party games dont sell well in Nintendo systems. Yet vocal minorities keep them poking in internet. Yes. Its unprofessional. But it seems developers are angry over Nintendo. Plus many developers have already joked about Nintendo's attitude in gaming industry.

well was a joke, xD