By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Death sentence. Yes or no?

Tagged games:

yes in some cases

it likely deters some would be mass killers and while we can't prove if it deters people, it certainly is unlikely to encourage anyone

rape and mass murder, things like that, the world needs to be kept in balance to some degree. its now about an eye for an eye, or revenge, its about reactions to actions and setting an example and tone to society

certain things should never be condoned and you can't just keep locking up everyone who does terrible things. like especially terrible, like multiple murders sort of stuff. if they're crazy, okay maybe I get keeping them alive, but a cold blooded mass murder, sociopath or not, there is no reason they should still be on this planet and potentially able to hurt someone else mentally or physically

you call it revenge, I call it giving victims family's and the populace in general peace of mind. a serial killer, for example, is never going to randomly contribute to society again or provide any good. so we feed them, pay money to keep them sitting? why? it becomes a PC pat yourself on the back subject when that's all anyone cares about. setting an example for those who will never care to look or learn

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:
Low78wagon said:
I wish he could be tortured tI'll he begs for death then keep him alive in a tiny box. I'm for the death penalty but this sounds better.

I say use him for experimentation - use him to find a cure for HIV/Ebola/Diabetes/Alzheimer's, etc. etc.

highly. unconstitutional. and. sick.

McDonaldsGuy said:
Aeolus451 said:

Well, if a rapist is caught in the act or there's undeniable evidence that supports her side of it then I would prefer that the culprit is put to death or at the very least given a life sentence in some prison in another country where they treat prisoners like prisoners. 

Oh I can get behind that then.

America coddles prisoners way too much. It makes me cringe when I read comments about murderers and 90% of the comments are like "Man this guy is going to get raped sooo badly!" or "This guy just threw away his life!" not realizing these murderers don't care.

Why would they not care? They have done great wrong, but humans they stay.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

mountaindewslave said:

why? it becomes a PC pat yourself on the back subject when that's all anyone cares about. setting an example for those who will never care to look or learn

Boom! BOOM! This is pretty much it - well said!!!!! Wow.

Lafiel said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Low78wagon said:
I wish he could be tortured tI'll he begs for death then keep him alive in a tiny box. I'm for the death penalty but this sounds better.

I say use him for experimentation - use him to find a cure for HIV/Ebola/Diabetes/Alzheimer's, etc. etc.

Uncosntitutional: debatable. Sick: planting a bomb in front of an 8 year old enjoying a marathon with his family is sick. Shooting a mother and her child enjoying a Batman movie is sick. Shooting a church of 80 year olds is sick.

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:
Lafiel said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

Uncosntitutional: debatable. Sick: planting a bomb in front of an 8 year old enjoying a marathon with his family is sick. Shooting a mother and her child enjoying a Batman movie is sick. Shooting a church of 80 year olds is sick.

human experiments are sick, Mr Mengele

Lafiel said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Lafiel said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Low78wagon said:

Please don't compare a guy who planted a bomb in front of marathon runners to a guy who hated Jews (which I am one by the way). There's a massive difference. And it's funny - no one cared about Holocaust victims being used as experimentations (and still don't), yet everyone wants to rush in the defense of murderers. Makes no sense to me.

I believe in the death penalty. I also think there should be no life sentences. If it can be shown that they will not be leaving prison alive, just go to the death penalty.

McDonaldsGuy said:
Lafiel said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Lafiel said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Low78wagon said:

Please don't compare a guy who planted a bomb in front of marathon runners to a guy who hated Jews (which I am one by the way). There's a massive difference. And it's funny - no one cared about Holocaust victims being used as experimentations (and still don't), yet everyone wants to rush in the defense of murderers. Makes no sense to me.

People did and do care about the holocaust, and hopefully will remember in the futur. People are not caring about the reasoning behind the mass murder, as it is completely injustifiable, in all cases. No one is arguing if the actions by the individuals in question are wrong. But doing something just as awfull to the perpetrator just adds to the events damage.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

McDonaldsGuy said:
Lafiel said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Lafiel said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Low78wagon said:

I don't know who you've been talking to but who is rushing to the defense of murderers? 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.