By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Game of the Year 2008........ Vote now

Resistance 2 for me, followed by Killzone 2 and GTA IV. Motorstorm 2 and White Knight Story looks very interesting as well.

Sales wise I think MGS4 probably takes the crown on the PS3 this year. Lots of media hype for LittleBigPlanet as well, but has Ratchet & Clank future paved its way to drag in enough platformer fans or will LittleBigPlanet/Home and probably a pricedrop pave the way for Jak & Daxter on the PS3?

The next game I am probably going to buy is WipeOut HD from the PSN store.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

^^WKS looks amazing, Im anxiously waiting some decent J-RPG's to be released on the PS3 this year, I NEED my fix before FFXIII...*Shakes*

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

You can't objectively vote when it's only March of '08.
Wait till '09 when the games are actually released first.

Who know what other gems might pop up along the way.

I'll Say Metal Gear Solid 4.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

gta 4 mgs4

Around the Network

I really want it to be Killzone 2 but I might be dreaming due to lack luster of that dev team(however they might have got it right)

I'm going to say GTA4, R2 or MGS4 with Killzone 2 not even placing in the top ten.

Metal Gear Solid 4

I'm going to say the reviewer will pick LBP, while the gamer will go with MGS4.

Man, I pray LBP sells well, a new IP with innovative ideas almost never works for Sony, Just looke at Eye of judgment.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@Bladeneo

I know the feeling, i need some HD JRPG goodness :D

I think (for me) the best out that lot is Resistance 2, but i agree that MGS4 will take the crown!