By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Game of the Year 2008........ Vote now

I know its early well we have some great games on the way for PS3 in 2008. Naming my top 5 nominees for Game of the Year are:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4

2. Kill Zone 2

3. Resistance 2

4. Grand Theft Auto IV

5. GT 5 Prologue

Sorry to worthy mentions: Little Big Planet (released in 2008)

GT 5 and FF XIII (which I believe will both be released in 2009).

My personal game of the year in 2008 is Kill Zone 2, I believe it will be awesome. The screen shots look amazing. I know many would say Metal Gear Solid 4 should be Game of the year on PS3 in 2008. But its is just a matter of personal opinion.

Around the Network

MGS4 for sure. LittleBigPlanet will more than likely come out this year.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Blu-ray!!!!

Wait what?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wouldn't it be better to do this after the games actually come out?

For now, I'm saying MGS4, followed by LBP.

I want to hype the games up so created a list.

Around the Network

God of War 3!?!?!?!

jake_the_fake1 said:
God of War 3!?!?!?!

March '09 at the earliest.

makingmusic476 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
God of War 3!?!?!?!

March '09 at the earliest.

well there was that "GoW IIICooming soon" promo at the end of the intruction manual of god of war chains of olympus game

Metal Gear Solid 4 will be game of the year.
June 12, 2008.
^ Remember that date, MGS 4 will be launched world wide.

What about all the amazing, unnanounced, new ips?

like bioshock?
im betting that 360 owners wouldnt have rated bioshock as game of the year in march...

this isnt a game of the year list...its just the games your most hyped about