By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think of Marijuana?

stof said:
glad I could bring a chuckle. Anyways, to actually share my views on Marijuana legalization. I think it should be legal for two reasons.

Reason one: It's Criminalization is disastrous. People who'se lives are ruined by criminal records just because they get high, the amount of money spent to try and eradicate it and the empowerment of criminals and the black market that deals in it are all huge problems which we wouldn't have to deal with if it were legal. Instead of a money sucking and crime producing black hole, legalized marijuana could bring in a lot of money for governments and provide a nice legal alternative to the harder drugs.

Reason two: I've yet to hear an explanation for how Marijuana is bad when compared to alcohol. You ever hear someone die from a Marijuana overdose? No, because it's not physically possible (I believe one test showed that you'd have to consume over 2 pounds worth of marijuana in one sitting to OD), but I've seen people taken to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. In terms of addiction, aggression and physical degradation, booze seems worse on every single count. Yes, Marijuana is damaging to your lungs. I won't deny that. But there are also numerous ways to ingest it. And don't you think fund raising bake sales would do a lot better if they could make that kind of brownie?

Ok there is a reason three as well: It's just so damn fun!

So in conclusion, I believe that governments should look to marijuana as a health issue as opposed to a legal one. They should regulate the industry, should promote vaporizor use (maybe with a rebate program), share some brownie recepies and produce some public add campaigns just like they do for drinking and driving.

And then the world would be a much better, happier, more laid back place
 In my actual stand point right now.

I actually don't think marijuana kills really bad. But, I do believe it messes the mind the same like alcohol. Hence the same as alcohol it can be addictive.

Around the Network
kenzomatic said:
Euphoria14 said:
^ Huh? You do know it is not possible to overdose on marijuana right? There is no such thing as controlled dosage. You get some buds, that's it.

There is literally almost nothing you can't OD on, You can die from to much water.

Euphoria do you really believe that there is "nothing" bad about marijuana?

There are bad things in almost everything we do. We die because we breathe in oxygen.

Is there enough bad in Marijuana to actually justify illegalizing while alcohol and tobacco remain legal? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Jake, you do understand you are making no valid points as of yet right?

Everything I have written came from actual studies, which lead to answers, which leads to... yes you guessed it, Facts.

You are responding with nothing but BS speculation, nothing more.

Speculation... Fact? I go for the latter.

Here is the facts I have used.

http://www.taima.org/en/drug.htm

http://www.taima.org/en/driving.htm

Yours please? When you have facts to back your argument, I will respond to you, until then I am convinced you never tried Cannibus, have no experience to back up any of your claims and for that, honestly have no place in this discussion.

Well duh, I mean it's not like I ever said I tried it, but then again why would I try such a stupid thing?

Also, my original point was to punish drug users with extreme force, I point I made quite clear.

One thing I don't understand is why you defend the use of marijuana so fearlessly , is it because your a user and if so...well that explains allot. LOLz

There we go again. Just more BS speculation. So because I am a smoker I am out to harm people?

It is like what I see on gaming sites each day. Someone knocks a game, someone comes in and makes a very valid point in saying "Do not bash what you never tried". That is true right? Same applies here and just about anything else.

Taking the drug does not hurt people, what "some" stupid people do afterwards "CAN" hurt people. So as I said, you go just on what Mom and Dad taught you, yet have no actual experience and/or facts to back up anything you have said thus far in this thread besides on the lines of "I think it is stupid, I think it is bad, I think it kills people. Even though studies prove otherwise I know I a right and the World is wrong." Do I have this right?

You say stupid things, please punish yourself.

wrong, I was tought at school, yay for education. I think you may have some how missed this in school...quite odd since it's in the school curriculum, but then again you could have been sick or getting stoned. lolz

Tell me, why is it that you smoke marijuana?

If you believe everything you hear without taking the time to either

A. Research for yourself

or

B. Try it

You will never have any real understanding.

You are now trying to take a teacher's view on the subject and put it above Medical Research.

no, I'm asking you personally, why do you smoke marijuana?

this is now the 3rd time I've aked politely why you smoke it, and 3 times you have avoided answering it, so please answer the question and enlighten us on the reasons you smoke pot. 

jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
^ I for one always do it responsibly. As I said it is not hard to quit. My niece' birth is right around the corner, so pretty much on the drop of a dime I have dropped my smoking habit, yet need medicine to help me drop my cigarette habit.

I never asked if you could quite, I asked why you smoke it in the 1st place, so please enlighten us on why you smoke marijuana?

That was not aimed at you. God your really getting annoying.

Why do I smoke? Easy. 

I want to. What more justification do I need besides my own? Do I need your permission? No. Must I explain myself to someone who thinks a teacher's word is fact? No.

You on the other hand are a different story. You are here bashing something you know NOTHING about. 

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

iron megalith or jake answer me this with no dodging whatsoever. Why should alchohol be legal if marijuana isn't?

Around the Network

marijuana in and of itself is harmless enough.

However, as a society, I have never understood why this is illegal when tabacco (an addictive drug and more harmful) is not.

Either both should be legal (controled and filtered) or illegal. Personally, I don't care either way.

Euphoria14 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
^ I for one always do it responsibly. As I said it is not hard to quit. My niece' birth is right around the corner, so pretty much on the drop of a dime I have dropped my smoking habit, yet need medicine to help me drop my cigarette habit.

I never asked if you could quite, I asked why you smoke it in the 1st place, so please enlighten us on why you smoke marijuana?

Why do I smoke? Easy.

I want to. What more justification do I need besides my own? Do I need your permission? No. Must I explain myself to someone who thinks a teacher's word is fact? No.

You on the other hand are a different story. You are here bashing something you know NOTHING about.

why do you want to smoke it?

their is always a reason weather it be a craving caused by the addiction or out of bordem, so please go ahead and kindly answer my question.

Euphoria14 said:
kenzomatic said:
Euphoria14 said:
^ Huh? You do know it is not possible to overdose on marijuana right? There is no such thing as controlled dosage. You get some buds, that's it.

There is literally almost nothing you can't OD on, You can die from to much water.

Euphoria do you really believe that there is "nothing" bad about marijuana?

There are bad things in almost everything we do. We die because we breathe in oxygen.

Is there enough bad in Marijuana to actually justify illegalizing while alcohol and tobacco remain legal? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Like I said. It's part of the saddest human drama. This is already in my "list of things I want to change if I go back in time."

You know well what it is. I want to question the ones who made this. Is it really a necessity for it to be made public widly? 

Is their an ignore button? If I had someone with personal experience to converse with, it would be a different story.

This guy obviously does not think I know what I am doing and need to be punished for smoking while playing a video game.

Personally, your ignorance causes me harm as well. Now you should be punished. I see how you go on consistently without no actual facts, no data, no nothing but as I said before "speculation". It causes unbearable laughter and for that I get pain in my abdomen.

Currently playing:

jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Why do I smoke? Easy.

their is always a reason weather it be a craving caused by the addiction or out of bordem, so please go ahead and kindly answer my question.

Please answer the question as we are really baffled at the whole statement. I too ask.