By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I hope they make a sequel to Kingsman:The Secret Service

I loved Samuel Jackson Lisp, well in VF at least , loved his character

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Isn't that movie based on a comic? If the comic has sequel, then it will have a sequel for sure, the film was funny and it made a lot of money.

nope

its base and name inda match but the movie is pretty different

Trunkin said:
Im actually surprised that so many people seem t have been annoyed by Sam L Jacksons lisp. I thought it was hilarious. It came across to me as very Austin powers-ish... Though I haven't seen any of those films in over a decade.

yup,it was cool and totally went with his character

V-r0cK said:
I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind a sequel. More refreshing then seeing the typical superhero movies.

yeah big big change from superhero craze and milking

oldschoolfool said:

I seen this movie the other day and I really enjoyed it. It felt like the kick ass movie. Some of the violence was real cartoony,but it was done in such a fun and enjoyable way,that I could'nt help but be entertained. I really hope this becomes a franchise. The performances were great all around,but samuel L. jackson's lisp kind of annoyed me. I was pleasently surprised,while watching this movie. Did anyboy else feel the same way about this?

the lisp,it was cool and totally went with his character

the film was an outright MEGA-HIT and one of the est ever made,you don't even need to ask others

it was very different from kick-ass though

i hope they don't mess up the sequel as its hard to top KINGSMAN 1 and also bring back COLIN FIRTH properly

and a sequel is already in the making as it was hit and earned $400million

Around the Network
foodfather said:

Hope not. It was rubbish.

Crap acting from everyone. Rubbish incomprehensible action scenes. Moronic story. And not one, but two fucking tycnhy strider songs in the same film??? Who the fuck thought this shit was a good idea??? Any why are movies insistant on filming in London, its one of the dumpiest cities in the world. 

Only good thing about it was Mark Strong and the East Sussex/Surrey locations (same as First Class I think)

really,what type of movies did you like if not this?

you can't really get better than this except if you don't like funny or rags to riches or british kinda movies,then i understand

enlightenedmaster said:
V-r0cK said:
I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind a sequel. More refreshing then seeing the typical superhero movies.

Unfortunately it's still based off a comic book as Hollywood is still uncreative about making completely new movies on their own.

I liked it a lot.

It obviously had a LOT of flaws (inconsistent tone, entire sections of story missing, under-use of certain characters), but the parts that worked, worked very well. Colin Firth was great. Felt like a real artistic effort rather than a summer blockbuster treadmill.

Also can identify with the "u wot m8" council estate setting.

V-r0cK said:
enlightenedmaster said:

Unfortunately it's still based off a comic book as Hollywood is still uncreative about making completely new movies on their own.

not really

KINGSMAN is very much completely new

the comic and movie differ alot and no matter what hollywood makes,it will have some or the other relation in books,pop-culture,hisotry,etc

enlightenedmaster said:
V-r0cK said:
enlightenedmaster said:

not really

KINGSMAN is very much completely new

the comic and movie differ alot and no matter what hollywood makes,it will have some or the other relation in books,pop-culture,hisotry,etc

I know it's still completely different but the Hollywood-ness is that they still had to take the title The Secret Services, just to possibly get some fanbase.