By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS4 Model (Updated With New Info)

Where did you get price from? Looking at both the Japanese and English press releases, price is never mentioned.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
How did they cut power consumption by 8% and make it 10% lighter? any info on that?

Most likely a new (more efficient) power supply.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

LuckyTrouble said:
Where did you get price from? Looking at both the Japanese and English press releases, price is never mentioned.

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/150622_e.html

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
LuckyTrouble said:

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/150622_e.html

I see I just glanced over it. I was looking there and I guess I just missed the numbers.

GribbleGrunger said:
Tachikoma said:
Other unlisted change: HDD cage now allows full height 2.5" hdds.

I've added it. Thanks.

I'm confused. PS4 always allowed 2.5" drives. 

Around the Network

Another cost reduction... Come on holiday price cut.

Protendo said:

Sony needs that profit more than consumers need that price drop so I'm still not 100% sure it will happen.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Protendo said:

Sony needs that profit more than consumers need that price drop so I'm still not 100% sure it will happen.

They also need to prevent Xbox from overtaking them in the US. By being the market leader WW... they are etting approached first for all deals. Losing this would hamper momentum. 

sabvre42 said:

They also need to prevent Xbox from overtaking them in the US. By being the market leader WW... they after getting approached first for all deals.

This obsession with America needs to stop. It doesn't matter as long as Sony can sell what they produce. Forget this line of thinking because Sony don't think like this.

The PS5 Exists. 

Protendo said:

You think they improved its perf/watt by 8%, and cut down weight by more than 10% of the system, while makeing it cheaper as well?