By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS-Now petition needs to happen.

Should Sony remove PS-Now and replace it with true Backwards Compatabilty?

DEFINITELY! 26 34.67%

No, i like being charged for my own games. 22 29.33%

Sony can do no wrong. 17 22.67%

Whats Backwards Compatabilty? 10 13.33%

Total:75

Fanboy nonsense aside. Sony is now the only one not offering a backwards compatible console. This is the perfect time to strike and start demanding Sony to offer the same feature that should have been standard with next gen systems. Sony *CAN* do it but they choose not to because they want to charge there gamers with PS-Now since they have invested heavly on that service.

Tell them to shove PS-Now and start doing the right thing by its gamers. Xbox has opened a wound for Sony and the only reason there not caring is becasue too many gamers are just not speakig up, too many have <3 Sony on there mind and are forgetting the relalty. This is a big deal and should be addressed soon.

People complained about the power brick that came with the XB1. That PS3 sitting in your room is nothing more then a power brick taking up your space. Fight for your gaming rights and fight agasint PS-Now and get the chance to be able to play what you already own for free. This is a major cash grab and i know i will get alot of flack from the PS-Nation but this needs to be said. PS fans speak up and start asking for it and they will have to consider since there main opposition is doing it.

The main benefits is the fact you now have a bigger library of games to choose from, you can purchase games dirt cheap last gen and play them without having two machines and also less space needed. 1 console with 2 generations of games worth playing.

Whats there to lose, its a free feature. speak up and then you dont pay for the games you already own.

EDITED post -  this is not about boosting sales or Xbox, this is about gamers conviences. I couldnt care less if Xbox sell more or less. The fact is Sony is charging you when you already brought the game while others arent. I am not trying to throw stones at Sony, just saying if gamers want Sony to atleast consider this feature then gamers need to start showing they care. Xbox gamers did and they came out and found a way to achieve it.

Around the Network

Xbox One doesn't have BC.

Last I checked my ps3 isn't a brick cause I can turn it on and use it.

And PsNow isn't for people who want to play their ps3 games on their ps4.

As a PS4 owner, I can safely say that I couldn't possibly care less about my current gen system being able to act like a last gen machine. I didn't buy the PS4 for backwards compatibility. I'll just say "ok neat" if it ever happens. People are hyping up backwards compatibility as if it is the be all end all to the success of a home console, when really, it's just a small perk that is unlikely to actually push system sales like people seem to expect it to.

main opposition? who's that?

People don't care about bc. And wii u is the only one to have real bc.

Around the Network

My PS3 still works fine, and has way way more free space on its HDD than my PS4. I'll keep my PS3 games on the older system.

I would say Yes, they should do that. But they won't, they are making too much money on PSNow. And according to many fans "Sony can do no wrong." So that's what I had to vote.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I think i'll pass. Thanks for the concern though :)

Sorry, but I can not get behind this. Would I like backwards compatability? Yes. Is their even more value in game streaming? Hell yes.

Right now I use PS Now on a daily bases, because I have wifi and a PS Vita. This for me is a million times more important that just being able to play the games on my PS4. Down the road I think PS4 will get B/C just for the simple fact that Sony will one day have to upgrade the PS Now servers to offer PS4 games. They will not be able to afford server farms for PS3 and PS4 games, so they will have to make a farm that can play all games. The emulator for this will be x86 based, and theirfore should run on PS5 as well making it B/C with all PS titles from day one.

For the time being I would much rather see Sony's efforts going towards bringing PS1 and PS2 games to PS Now, and expanding the service, while finding ways to make it a better value. Once PS Now is available on Roku, ios, android, and more smart TV's people will start to see just how valuable it is. B/C is great, but PS Now is just many, many times, more important and valuable to the platform and the industry.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Not many people care.  If they did, once MS announced this, sales would have skyrocketed.  However, that hasn't happened.  Instead, it seems the PS4 has seen the largest boost coming out of E3. 

You guys really need to stop overplaying B/C.  Nintendo fans didn't even play it off this big, and I believe they have 90%-100% B/C.  In the end, the XBO MIGHT have 10%-20% and you guys are acting like it will cause this big swing in sales momentum.  You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Also, have you coded a PS3 emulator that we are not aware of?  Cause I promise you that Sony CAN'T just do it.  The Cell was way too complicated to just make a quick/simple emulator.  It'll probably be next to impossible to pull it off on a PS4.  Now, PS1 and PS2 could most likely be done, which would be nice.  But, just like 360 emulation, it's not that big a deal and won't lead to any real uptick in sales.