By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Metroid Thread - Samus is back!

Tagged games:

Would you mind if Prime 4 has more casual friendly elements?

Yes, it'd help open up th... 1 1.64%

No, it'd hurt the core gameplay. 3 4.92%

Undecided/See results 0 0%

Total:4
Metallox said:

1) That's not fault of the game In fact, it's good to hear it, means that it could be a challenge for you.

Yeah, I know, I generally tend to avoid hard games because of my anxiety disorder/chronic chest pain though.

2) Can't argue much with you about this, but I think the presentation is sublime thanks to the great isolated atmosphere. If you say that Super Metroid looks bad, then most of SNES games must look bad as well, as not many not tried to top Super Mario World 2's masterful design. 

Yeah, it's not the game's fault, most SNES games look bad nowadays. Super Mario World 2 is one of the few SNES games that still looks good today.

3) Well, the thing is, Super Metroid is about finding new paths with the power-ups you currently have, it's not like the game has a strict way to go, because it rather forces you to explore to the maximum level. About Maridia, well, sorry for breaking your heart, but it's actually my favorite area in Super Metroid Because it's the place where you get the Plasma Beam, and when you start using it, you feel like a badass. 

4) Either way, Wiimote and the GameCube controllers are bad to play this kind of games, you need a decent D-Pad, like the ones the Wii U Gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller offer. 

I know you can use the D-Pad for these kind of games, but I don't like the placing of the D-Pad on modern controllers, so I never use it when I'm playing 2D games. I use the analogue stick instead. It caused some problems with Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission, but it was still a lot better for me than Super Metroid.

So I assume Prime 2 is your favorite Metroid game *crosses fingers*? 

Yeah, it is, how did you guess? :p

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Is this the thread where we talk about our progress in Metroid games? I'm playing Prime 2 right now and I defeated Quadraxis! Boss was very technical and I had to die several times before I understood what its weak points were. After I understood what to do, Quadraxis felt like one of the easier boss in this game but pretty enjoyable to destroy! 

I also got the light suit and I love its classy white coloring lol. Currently finding all the sky temple keys by following a walkthrough since its just one big fetch quest.

You can talk about anything in this thread, as long as it's Metroid lol. Finding the sky temple keys is pretty easy actually. First you need to scan every keybearer lore, which shouldn't be much of a problem the first time through. You'll notice that one word is colored each time (the color represents the area you need to look at, it's the same colour as the translator doors). What you need to do then is look for the name of the room that uses that particular word (in Light Aether). Once you've done that you need to travel to the equivalent room in the Dark World. I did it in about 50 minutes or so without a guide. The fetch quest in the first Prime game is a lot more annoying imo.

How do you like the game so far? It's my favorite Metroid game. Quadraxis is probably one of the best bosses in the entire trilogy. He's pretty hard on a no-dark suit run with only one energy tank. On a normal run he's piss easy (although it's not a shame to die against him in your first few attempts).

Welp, should have paid more attention and not give up so easily there. I already found out where the rest of the sky temples are in a walkthrough but your tip will help for the next play through. I did find the 3rd dark and light beam ammo upgrade and the sonic boom combo by myself though so that felt good Still need to find the last beam ammo upgrade for 250. I think Metroid Prime fetch quest was okay because the over world is much smaller and less complex than Echoes. Navigating Torvus bog in the map screen still gives me headaches sometimes. Could be Wii controllers though.

And I really enjoying this game now! This is my 3rd play through of the game because I keep on giving up near Agon Waste and Torvus Bog. The dark world and beam ammo really discouraged me the first two times but I learned to deal with it and am really enjoying the game this time and will most likely finish it now. And Sanctuary Fortress was absolutely stunning and still looks great today.

Didn't know you could actually skip dark suit and am glad I didn't try to yet lol. But yeah, I'm not really observant sometimes in Metroid boss fights even with scanning and Quadraxis having multiple phases resulted me dying a lot before figuring out what its weak points were each time.

t3mporary_126 said:
Samus Aran said:

You can talk about anything in this thread, as long as it's Metroid lol. Finding the sky temple keys is pretty easy actually. First you need to scan every keybearer lore, which shouldn't be much of a problem the first time through. You'll notice that one word is colored each time (the color represents the area you need to look at, it's the same colour as the translator doors). What you need to do then is look for the name of the room that uses that particular word (in Light Aether). Once you've done that you need to travel to the equivalent room in the Dark World. I did it in about 50 minutes or so without a guide. The fetch quest in the first Prime game is a lot more annoying imo.

How do you like the game so far? It's my favorite Metroid game. Quadraxis is probably one of the best bosses in the entire trilogy. He's pretty hard on a no-dark suit run with only one energy tank. On a normal run he's piss easy (although it's not a shame to die against him in your first few attempts).

Welp, should have paid more attention and not give up so easily there. I already found out where the rest of the sky temples are in a walkthrough but your tip will help for the next play through. I did find the 3rd dark and light beam ammo upgrade and the sonic boom combo by myself though so that felt good Still need to find the last beam ammo upgrade for 250. I think Metroid Prime fetch quest was okay because the over world is much smaller and less complex than Echoes. Navigating Torvus bog in the map screen still gives me headaches sometimes. Could be Wii controllers though.

And I really enjoying this game now! This is my 3rd play through of the game because I keep on giving up near Agon Waste and Torvus Bog. The dark world and beam ammo really discouraged me the first two times but I learned to deal with it and am really enjoying the game this time and will most likely finish it now. And Sanctuary Fortress was absolutely stunning and still looks great today.

Didn't know you could actually skip dark suit and am glad I didn't try to yet lol. But yeah, I'm not really observant sometimes in Metroid boss fights even with scanning and Quadraxis having multiple phases resulted me dying a lot before figuring out what its weak points were each time.

The final boss is pretty cool as well! Definitely one of the highlights in the trilogy. And if you think Quadraxis had a lot of phazes then you just wait till the finale of this game. :p

Is it worth buying Metroid Prime: Hunters for 34 dollars? Is the single player any good?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Is it worth buying Metroid Prime: Hunters for 34 dollars? Is the single player any good?

No, only buy it to destroy it. Without its online it's nothing more than garbage.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

No, only buy it to destroy it. Without its online it's nothing more than garbage.

Ok, then I know. But are there any important story events in this game that adds to Samus' character/background?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Finished Prime 2 last night and the end bosses were fantastic just like most bosses in the game! Really glad I gave this game a second chance! Was worried I had to restart the Ing emperor boss after I lost to Dark Samus since the closest save station was offline but was glad the game saves after the emperor's death. I need to stop dying before learning the weak points of Metroid bosses though

Anyway looking forward to playing Fusion or Zero Mission in the future! So far I've defeated the end boss in all Prime games and Super and all games were great!

I vowed that I would one day finish Metroid Prime Hunters...
It's been four years since I made that vow, and I still haven't been able to do it...
Metroid is one of Nintendo's very best series when it's at its best (Super Metroid, Fusion, Prime, and Prime 2), but when it's not at its best, it's among Nintendo's worst (Metroid 2, Hunters, and Other M)...

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
I vowed that I would one day finish Metroid Prime Hunters...
It's been four years since I made that vow, and I still haven't been able to do it...
Metroid is one of Nintendo's very best series when it's at its best (Super Metroid, Fusion, Prime, and Prime 2), but when it's not at its best, it's among Nintendo's worst (Metroid 2, Hunters, and Other M)...

haha, some games are just like that. I usually ignore them for a little while and then forget about them :P. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Guys! GUYS!
I didn't know Ridley was going to be at Prime 2!

So fucking awesome! Here's even the soundtrack (unused) for his battle:

It was supposed to be the boss in the Ing Hive rather than Quadraxis. I read yesterday that the prize was the Dark Suit.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile