By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My Take On The Batman AK Gamespot Review Debacle

Tagged games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrTUFJftiZg

Very intresting points made here. Review system is archaic and it needs to go.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Wait, there was a debacle? I missed the whole ordeal. Details please!!!

I will click on vid now.

Did not realize there was a debacle. Guess I will have to check out the video.

I agree with the vid. And 7 isn't a horrible score at all.

cannonballZ said:
I agree with the vid. And 7 isn't a horrible score at all.

Yeah I agree. On the Internet a game nowadays is either a 1 or a 10. The review system is fucked up.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
alternine said:

Yeah I agree. On the Internet a game nowadays is either a 1 or a 10. The review system is fucked up.

I'm still listening to the vid. he made a lot of valid points, especially about the comments.

He makes very valid points, points that most of us have said or know. Poor scaling of review scores (history of inflating scores so that 7/10=bad in gamer's minds), inconsistent treatment of objective elements that reduce the quality of a game (bugs, glitches, technical performance defects etc).

He didn't actually say the 7/10 from Gamespot was wrong, but just that when compared to other games GS reviewed like ACU and Lords of the Fallen it seems like the scores for those other games are too high, compared to the reasoning for Batman being a 7/10.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Gamespot has been non existent to me for as long as I can remember.

Haven't played it yet, so can't say if I agree but I bet anyone that agree or is hating on the review haven't played it yet either.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Reading some comments on the Gamespot review, you'll see that some people are "disappointed" and they "were looking forward to play this game" but now they "won't be buying the game anymore, this really sucks".

All because ONE site gave a 7 out of 10 (a pretty good score, WELL above average, just shy of being "great"). Meanwhile, the game sits at 91 on Metacritic. I mean, how dumb is that?