By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The NX is confirmed to be a home console. (not that it needed any confirmation)

...I don't see any confirmation. They already said that they were working on both handled and home console way before the announcement of the NX.

Around the Network

It should come out in 2016. Wii U has been dead for months now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

ArchangelMadzz said:
If it's more powerful than an XB1 and cheaper than both PS4 and XB1 (Possible given it's coming out in a time of better technology) and gathers 3rd party support AND Nintendo bring their A game software wise from the get go this could be quite successful.

Hope they don't gimmick it up.

I don't know if they can beat the pricing, but at least power wise it could be better. However, they would have to fight two consoles that will have almost 3 years of games when it finally releases and will have to deal with PS4/Xnext with way beefier specs with less than 3 or 4 years in its lifetime.

I understand the statement ("We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later.") as no confirmation at all. If anything then it's a strong hint that the NX is indeed -as I always suspected and still suspect- the new handheld system, since they're talking about the home console "much later".

Completely forgot, be running on AMD Zen.

Around the Network

I just wish they'd step up the production of it and release it and finish off the Wii U instead of dragging it on with drips.

the rumors say, the new zelda and xenoblade chronicles x coming for the NX.
so yes, its a new console, i think.

bunchanumbers said:
I'm predicting next year. I also say the sooner the better, assuming that Nintendo is smart enough to not include some crazy add on like the Gamepad. They could have done the same thing with a controller with gyroscope controls included. That is where they really messed up. Anyway I'm predicting HBM and much more recent hardware.

I want it too but unfortunatly I think that HBM will still be too expensive next year. Besides, Nintendo wants China so I think they can't make an expensive console.

I have clearly underestimated the astonishing lengths some fans will go through to bury their heads in the sand and remain in denial. For that, I am sorry.

Reggie isn't talking about the NX when talking about their next home console they've publicly revealed. Clearly.
The producer of Prime wasn't clearly referring to the NX as a console when talking about a console game appearing on it. Clearly.

I'm the one who's warping information to suit his own agenda. Clearly.

haqqaton said:
bunchanumbers said:
I'm predicting next year. I also say the sooner the better, assuming that Nintendo is smart enough to not include some crazy add on like the Gamepad. They could have done the same thing with a controller with gyroscope controls included. That is where they really messed up. Anyway I'm predicting HBM and much more recent hardware.

I want it too but unfortunatly I think that HBM will still be too expensive next year. Besides, Nintendo wants China so I think they can't make an expensive console.

It depends on how far they're willing to go to use it. 8GB of HBM for unified memory should be plenty to last the generation. If they are going with a APU like AMD was saying then 8GB of HBM should be good. Maybe Nintendo keeps a little bit of DDR3 set aside to run the OS. 2GB of DDR3 should be enough to keep it functional.