By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Old and forgotten franchises you would like to see revived this gen.

Legend11 said:
Ultima series
Wing Commander series
LucasArts adventure games

Oh, yes.

I never understood why LucasArts stopped making adventures in the late 90s. Sierra On-Line, Westwood, Revolution Software, AdventureSoft and others quit (or had to quit) developing adventures for different reasons, but LucasArts could have just continued. They were the leaders in this genre and money was certainly never a problem for this company.

Why are Monkey Island I & II out of print? And why no New Super Monkey Island for DS?

Why, George, tell me why? Do you even know about the great games once developed in your company, George? 

God bless the creators of ScummVM, at least they understand the point&click adventure fans.

v Guybrush's crew on strike, btw

Around the Network

duke nukem
EA's helicopter shooter strike

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

Chrono trigger
these aren't old but...
SSX
Star Wars Battlefront
Jak & Daxter

Didn't we have a thread on this just a few days ago?
Anyway, I agree with whoever said Donkey Kong. A true platformer.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cool Boarders

2Xtreme

Crash Bandicoot (the good ones made by naughty dog)

Driver

I'm back...

Around the Network

Crash Bandicoot, as a platformer, not a full 3D roam around like Twinsanity or a racing game, but the original idea (ie. As Crash 1, 2, 3 and Wrath of Cortex) with better graphics and AI.

WinAPE - The Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator

JEMU  - The Java Emulation Platform

tk1797 said:
Tactic Ogre

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Me as well. Though I actually want to see a new Ogre Battle even more.

And I know it's on PC, but I'd love to see a sequel finally, and the Wii would be perfect for it.  Grim Fandango!!

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Legend11 said:
Ultima series
Wing Commander series
LucasArts adventure games

Definitely another Ultima.  That would be awesome.  And yes, the LucasArts adventure games in general.  And as smiles said, I want to see another Dukle Nukem finally!

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I agree on so many of these but here are mine
Chrono trigger
Wing Commander- forgot about this till I saw someone mention it
I would like a new terrinigma game(Illusion of gaia, terrinigma p)

CaptainPrefrences said:
CRASH BANDICOOT FTW.

COOL BOARDERS.

...Crash never died down... seriously, he JUST had a new game for PSWii60DSP. (Crash of the Titans)

Now, how bout some classic(-ly new) TMNT from Konami, in the light-hearted spirit of the original NES games?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."