By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Reggie really just say this?

This is not about hyping products, its about showing support for your system. There is nothing announced past 2016 and you not only mentioned NX but you confirmed its going to be around next year.
There is no way to disguise this terrible decision. Its way too obvious and Nintendo is going to feel its backlash unless its rectified real fast. NX beeing rushed in and Wii U beeing rushed out. May please investors and third parties, but it wont please customers. This is going to end up in a Sega dreamcast turn around. Third parties dont sell on Nintendo systems, that boat has sailed unless they want to make an expensive system like the N64 or Gamecube. The NX wont be any different.

Around the Network

My mind wasn't ready ....

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Goodnightmoon said:
pokoko said:

The funny thing here is that Sony has gone in the opposite direction with the PS4.  I remember someone, perhaps Yoshida, talking about how they learned from The Last Guardian reveal and are trying to keep things under wraps as long as possible.  Horizon, for example, is a 2016 game.  Bloodborne was revealed not long before release.

Everyone tries to hype their own products.  Some are just better at it than others.

Horizon is not gonna be out next year, you´ll see, is one of those games that gets 4 delays like the Witcher 3. I would not expect almost anything shown on the Sony conference before 2017, they have created an ilusion that hides the fact that they dont have any exclusive megaton anytime soon.

Pardon my French but screw "exclusive megatons".  I don't give a rat's nether regions about what internet forums decide is worth megaton status or not and neither does the average gamer.

You want to know why most people think Sony "won" E3?  Because they showed the most games.  THAT is what it's all about, after all, and Sony's show was game after game.  Even if someone doesn't like everything they see, the more stuff you show, the greater the chances are that most people will find something they like, something they can be excited for, something they can tell their friends about.

Now, given what I've just said about Sony's show, why was Nintendo's show met with so much negative feedback?  Yep, a lack of games.  All the puppets in the world won't make up for that.

It's a really simple industry.  You give people a lot of choices and they will find something they want to play and they will trust that you will have more stuff that they want to play in the future.  Sony isn't winning because of hype, as some people want to believe.  They're winning because Sony has done a better job at gaining the trust of the average gamer that they are the company least likely to let down consumers in terms of content and delivery.  It's as simple as that.  Most people weigh the near past and the foreseeable future when they make a decision on which console to buy.

You can call that hype if you want but it's really something closer to simple logic.

they just lie. They had nothing to show. Thats the sad reason.

bunchanumbers said:
LordLichtenstein said:
I encourage all Wii U owners to jump ship. Playstation 4 is the way to go this generation.

You misspelled PC.

laystation 4 is awfully close to C on the keyboard, give the man a break

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Horizon is not gonna be out next year, you´ll see, is one of those games that gets 4 delays like the Witcher 3. I would not expect almost anything shown on the Sony conference before 2017, they have created an ilusion that hides the fact that they dont have any exclusive megaton anytime soon.

Cough *Uncharted 4* Cough

Unless you wanna talk 2015 in which case they had no problem letting us know that the rest of 2015 is 3rd party time on PS4.

He's probably talking about how they only focused on games being released in 2015 to early 2016 this E3.
Too bad that it sounds extremely stupid if looked at globally. All of these games have been in development for a pretty long time now and were already shown at earlier E3s.
Reggie shouldn't try to spin everything around to make it look positive. Or even better, he should just stop talking completely by now.

ErikaEinhardt said:
bunchanumbers said:
LordLichtenstein said:
I encourage all Wii U owners to jump ship. Playstation 4 is the way to go this generation.

You misspelled PC.

laystation 4 is awfully close to C on the keyboard, give the man a break

lol! ok that made me laugh. Nice one

bowserthedog said:
Jon-Erich said:

Why not get both?

I'd be really surprised if anybody just had a wiiu. I certainly haven't met anyone in real life fitting that description.

For this gen I only have a Wii U. I plan to do the same thing I did last gen and get a PS4 late for cheap.  I adopted PS1 early and the only thing that didn't make me hate Sony was Wal Mart's lax policy on electronics returns at the time.  I went through 3 or 4 Play Stations, and haven't trusted Sony's launch consoles since (although I do wish I had a Fat PS3).

Why does the nintendo crowd like him so much? I guess it was a bad day.