By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX will be a flop if release in 2016

Do you agree?

Yes 170 66.93%

No 84 33.07%

Total:254

Question: Will we, the internet gamers, judge this as launching in last place, or 1st place in the next gen, running unopposed?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I hope they give the NX for free to the Wii U users as a compensation of the insulting decisions they have made this gen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

maybe they just cant do it

It's not rocket science. Make games across varying genres that appeal to varying demographics.

And i agree, but that alone convinces its more of a they cant or dont know how to, than out right refusal, but there pride will not let them admit that.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

It's not rocket science. Make games across varying genres that appeal to varying demographics.

And i agree, but that alone convinces its more of a they cant or dont know how to, than out right refusal, but there pride will not let them admit that.

They could always contract other studios to do it, or buy up those who can. Hell, they already have Retro, who have proven their mettle in producing toothier experiences with the Metroid Prime trilogy. Yet Nintendo put them to work on a freaking 2D cartoon platformer...

thegamerpad said:
JNK said:

Hell MS/Sony got a better first party support this holiday as nintendo and they got all the third party support addional. This is ridicoulus. 

Can you name the Sony first party support for this holiday season?  Please let me know what they've got coming first party this year...I'll wait

By the way Nintendo released 4 games in Quarter 3 & 4 last year for Wii U (Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors and Captain Toad) this year they have a planned 7 releases which include Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Fatal Frame, Devil's Third and Animal Crossing amiibo Party.    So there's more coming this year than last year...why didn't you just abandon ship last year?   Zelda U got delayed, that hurt this years releases, oh well.

Ps4 released from now to end of 2015:

Until Down

No Mans Sky

Hellblade

Everybody gones to the Rupture

Rime

And some more smaller indie games.

Also they have ALOT in q1/2 2016 with ratchet and clank, Uncharted 4 and much more. A time nintendo have nothing on wii u so far and had like nothing in 2015.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

They could always contract other studios to do it, or buy up those who can. Hell, they already have Retro, who have proven their mettle in producing toothier experiences with the Metroid Prime trilogy. Yet Nintendo put them to work on a freaking 2D cartoon platformer...

and what has Retro been doing lately? no point in getting studios if you wont even utilize them. I think this comes down to pride

No it would be huge

It's gonna get crushed by 8th gen consoles but will dominate the 9th gen

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

and what has Retro been doing lately? no point in getting studios if you wont even utilize them. I think this comes down to pride

That's the thing, we don't know, they've been working on some mystery project since like November 2013, and I bet whatever it is, it's a waste of their time and talent.

At this point, pride seems about the only logical explanation; the only alternatives are a wilful desire to destroy the company, or stupidity to the point of mental illness.

but its time, and 2016 will see a new pokemon, and everybody will buy the NX to replace the 3ds...