By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So That Nintendo Conference...Yeah...

Wasted all their ammo. Cleared out all the "small stuff" to make time for a bunch of filler.

Around the Network

I wasn't excited by even one of the new announcements. This year I've not got a single Wii U game.

Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda U are now the only reason why I still have the console.

Hiku said:

Pokken was absent as well.

I was wondering if it was just me, but I see other people mentioning as well that StarFox looked very underwhealming graphically. Wasn't sure if it was a WiiU game at first, which was surprising seeing as this is supposed to be their big title in 2015.
Overall it didn't entice me, so for now it's not a game I'm interested in.

Looks like Nintendo have abandoned the WiiU though, with no new games announced besides Mario Tennis and that strange Animal Crossing. Next console incoming 2016.

Part of it is that the game is constantly rendering the world twice, like split screen. The otehr half is that I think its rushed :p

hatmoza said:

The subtitles are fake of course, but the part where those two talked about the development of Super Mario Bros. and showed these sheets (which are awesome) along with Miyamoto's talk about the temple where he got the inspiration for the original Star Fox from were the only good things in this conference. I like these kind of small anecdotes and these two men in particular are still legends.

Munchies said:

That was the worst pile of shit I've ever seen.

Nintendo deserves to be struggling. This conference was nothing but a big fucking joke.

I seriously hope Iwata gets fired, this is unforgivable.

They had a FUCKING year to prep a decent E3, and that's what they came up with, especially after last year's conference which was really good. I don't think I'll ever get over this.

I agree with replacing Iwata. Its about time. His cheep approach is starting to hurt Nintendo. I understand being profitable but it takes money to make money. He once said that it takes time to bring in developers. My thoughts on this is the sooner you start the sooner you can get developers in and producing games. I always said they should have been in that process two to three years before the Wii U launch with all the cash they made with the Wii. They should be to produce about at least 7 big time games a year. Even without massive third-party support most would be happy with that. Like I said earlier,  I'm not throwing in the towel just yet but Nintendo has a lot to make up for.