By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One + Windows 10 PC appears to be the new gaming sweet spot

disolitude said:

I think that sounds right.

You know there is one easy solution to this cross platform play competing store issue. Microsoft could just buy Steam. :)

Now that would be quite insane. It would make their Minecraft purchase pocket change in comparison. 

Around the Network

Going through your list it seems as though PS4 + Windows 10 seems the best way to spend less and get the most games?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

uh, or they can just release all their games on PC and be done with it.

I'm slowly thinking about getting a new PC and keep this one for gaming purposes. I like my Xbox One but since I can have the best version of games on PC then so be it I'll make the jump. Also I want Street Fighter 5 but I don't plan on purchasing a PS4 yet so PC will be handful for these console exclusives. Other than that Halo and Forza still shine on X1.

dahuman said:
uh, or they can just release all their games on PC and be done with it.

This is something that will happen soon. They will give big games like a year exclusivity then the pc release.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

1. Xbox One and Xbox 360 game streaming to any Windows 10 PC - allows you to decluter your livingroom and enjoy entertainment through a single device plugged in to each TV in your household

and playstation has been able to stream to vita/vitaTV for quite a while now.  ..and for far cheaper than the cost of a pc.

2. Oculus Rift, Steam VR and other VR gear designed for PCs appear to be getting Xbox One support through the PC

not sure if evem serious.  you did see what VR on xbox actually is right?  it's not actually VR on xbox one...

3. Xbox One controller is becoming the de facto controller for PC, much like Xbox 360 controller before it

okay. 

4. DLC, mods and cross platform purchases and play between Xbox One and PC are slowly becoming a reality 

again, playstation has been cross platform purchases for years now.  it's a good program so it's nice to see ms finally catch up.  the one and only game that is getting mods so far (fallout) is also putting those mods on ps4. 

5. A lot of Sony console exclusives appear to be hitting PC as well, giving PC gamers access to best indie games found on PS4, and upcoming PS4 big hitters like SF5 and Shenmue III

as are a lot of ms console exclusives.  aside from the lulz that that is the definition of "console exlusive",..  ryse, tomb raider, dead rising, plants vs zombies, cuphead, minecraft, fable, d4, gigantic, ori, titanfall are all coming/on pc/ps4.  frankly, the true exlusives like the uncharteds and halos are a rare breed these days.

i don't see it.

all the biggest multiplats are on ps4 first (compared to pc typically) and generaly with exclusive content of some manner.  for all the huba about tomb raider being 'exclusive' than getting street fighter V, final fantasy VII remake, shenmue first ought to count for something right?  i mean, the internet wouldn't be so hypocritically to uplay one scenario while downplaying the exact same scenario on another platform would it?   plus uncharted 4, tlg, bloodborne, and horizon look like the best things in gaming over the last/next year and those are exclusive exclusive.

and i'm not all that sold on VR yet but at least on playstation it's actual VR and not a stream to pc to see a game that isn't in VR but a VR room with a screen on the wall.  to me that means ps4 is the total package,.. no need to buy 2 devices (xbox and pc) to get a full gaming experience.  that's a lot of money saved and a lot less clutter in your living room.

Hololens also runs Windows 10 and just looks so much better then VR but its way ahead of its time right now.

noname2200 said:
Help me out here: going through your list, why wouldn't I just skip the Xbox then?

You'd have to like Halo, Forza, Gears, and other games exclusive to Xbox, Xbox One makes sense.  You would also want to play 360 games you own and love on the PC.

For me personally this makes too much sense.

I have 148 Xbox 360 games and 30+ Xbox One games and 100+ PC games on Steam. All digital. I have a kid, wife and modern loft like clean living environment. I do not want to occupy space in my livingroom with and Xbox 360, Xbox One, and a PC and multiple controllers. It's downright ugly and the more things on display, the more my kid can break. :)

All I need is an Intel NUC PC under my television and an Xbox one hidden in a closet somewhere to access the entire gaming library I purchased in the last 10 years. 

Infact I intend to have the entire gaming history set up through Xbox One streaming, PC gaming, emulation, roms and front ends all going through a single PC. Only anomaly will be PS3 and PS4 as those can't be emulated. :)

disolitude said:
noname2200 said:
Help me out here: going through your list, why wouldn't I just skip the Xbox then?

You'd have to like Halo, Forza, Gears, and other games exclusive to Xbox, Xbox One makes sense.  You would also want to play 360 games you own and love on the PC.

For me personally this makes too much sense.

I have 148 Xbox 360 games and 30+ Xbox One games and 100+ PC games on Steam. All digital. I have a kid, wife and modern loft like clean living environment. I do not want to occupy space in my livingroom with and Xbox 360, Xbox One, and a PC and multiple controllers. It's downright ugly and the more things on display, the more my kid can break. :)

All I need is an Intel NUC PC under my television and an Xbox one hidden in a closet somewhere to access the entire gaming library I purchased in the last 10 years. 

Infact I intend to have the entire gaming history set up through Xbox One streaming, PC gaming, emulation, roms and front ends all going through a single PC. Only anomaly will be PS3 and PS4 as those can't be emulated. :)

Sounds like a really nice plan to me.

I think PC and Wii U is the best combo.

X1 and PC doesn't make sense to me because all X1 games except Halo and Gear are on PC. Buying a $350 console just for Gears and Halo doesn't make sense. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54