By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most promising new IP at this years E3?

Best new IP?

ReCore 25 9.84%

Sea of Thieves 8 3.15%

Unravel 4 1.57%

For Honor 9 3.54%

Horizon 199 78.35%

Dreams 9 3.54%

Total:254

Horizon, the gameplay looked awesome

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network

For me, I'll go with For Honor than Horizon. Sea of Thieves looks interesting.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
I chose Horizon because Dreams wasn't a choice. They both looked fantastic in completely different ways but Dreams is incredibly different (Horizon is in setting but gameplay is more traditional with some new twists)

Oh fuck, now I forgot Dreams. I'll add it.

spemanig said:
E3 isn't even over yet, dude.

Read the OP ;)

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
I chose Horizon because Dreams wasn't a choice. They both looked fantastic in completely different ways but Dreams is incredibly different (Horizon is in setting but gameplay is more traditional with some new twists)

yea "dreams" is a pretty fascinating creation tool and I'm sure in time some awesome people/teams will use it to make their own animated movies, maybe even more game-y stuff is possible, but at launch it will likely be not as immediately exciting as hunting robot dinos ;)

Around the Network

Have to go with ReCore can't go wrong with a game where Keiji Inafune is one of the key people involved.

So far I'm not too excited for any new IP on E3 - I was hoping Horizon would do something for me (though I was skeptical about GG making RPG from the start), but considering constant yapping of main protagonist and fact that I find dino robots as exciting as mecha rodents, all the excitement went back to zero very fast.

Not counting NMS and TLG, since they were not revealed on this E3, I'd go with Cupheads or Unravel.

Horizon. If it meets just 50% of my expectations then it's a GOTG contender.

Horizon. For Honor looks pretty cool as well.

Lafiel said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

yea "dreams" is a pretty fascinating creation tool and I'm sure in time some awesome people/teams will use it to make their own animated movies, maybe even more game-y stuff is possible, but at launch it will likely be not as immediately exciting as hunting robot dinos ;)

lol true true.  And like LBP I will have neither the creativity or patience to make my own stuff so basically I will be mooching off others' creativity and just play the top rated stuff every month or so like LBP lol

I am Iron Man