By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox games library to hit 1,000 this summer

^^Wait, they will have 1000 games by this summer (about2.5 years) and they will have another 1000 in the next 5-6 years? It doesn't work that way.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I searched on xbox.com for all 360 games and got 798 games, but that seemed to include back compat games.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

so its xbox and 360 games?

^if it is wouldnt sony then be in the lead with all the ps2 games?

arghhghgh this is why i hate pr people spouting random facts

I just counted the reviews on IGN, who are pretty consistent with reviewing all NA XBLA and boxed releases. I got 353 between all including a few EU exclusive titles. Considering they may not have accounted for about 30 JPN only titles, some other EU only titles and maybe skipped an XBLA game or two, i'll bump this number up to 400 titles out by the middle of March. I count bullshit that they can release another 600 at least by Summer's end let alone Summer's beginning. A blatant lie that i'll believe only if I see the list myself from them. I'll put twenty on them counting deluxe boxed sets, all expansions/map packs/etc. and every backwards compatible Xbox title to get their number. Total bullshit, do not believe them.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

^ By summer you can purchase 1000 peices of interactive content. Its ok to hate MS Onyxmeth but please don't use IGN as an end all source. Total Bullshit, do not believe Onyxmeth.

Onyxmeth said:
I just counted the reviews on IGN, who are pretty consistent with reviewing all NA XBLA and boxed releases. I got 353 between all including a few EU exclusive titles. Considering they may not have accounted for about 30 JPN only titles, some other EU only titles and maybe skipped an XBLA game or two, i'll bump this number up to 400 titles out by the middle of March. I count bullshit that they can release another 600 at least by Summer's end let alone Summer's beginning. A blatant lie that i'll believe only if I see the list myself from them. I'll put twenty on them counting deluxe boxed sets, all expansions/map packs/etc. and every backwards compatible Xbox title to get their number. Total bullshit, do not believe them.

Sounds pretty strange to me too. Maybe demos and expansions are count as separate? Or PAL and NTSC as separate games? Or Xbox+360 combined (which would mean PS3 had bigger library at launch)? If someone has any idea about what he's talking about, let us know.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Onyxmeth said:

They're counting Xbox Live downloadable games, I'm 99% sure.  With those in the mix, it's pretty easy to understand where they get the 1k number

The article states it's Xbox 360 games and Xbox Live games.

no he just says on not for----i can pla GC games on my wii that dosent mean they are for it