By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox games library to hit 1,000 this summer

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29909/Xbox-games-library-to-hit-1000-this-summer

360 will become first next-gen console to reach milestone

digg_url = 'http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29909/Xbox-games-library-to-hit-1000-this-summer'; digg_title = 'Xbox+games+library+to+hit+1%2C000+this+summer'; digg_bodytext = '360+will+become+first+next-gen+console+to+reach+milestone';

Xbox’s quest to become the console of choice for families will be given a huge boost by becoming the first system to offer a library of 1,000 games this summer.

That’s according to Xbox VP for Microsoft Interactive Entertainment Europe Chris Lewis, who this week told MCV that Xbox Live will be a key weapon in tempting mainstream consumers away from PS3 and Nintendo’s Wii in the coming months.

"We’ll have north of 1,000 games on 360 by the summer, across Live and boxed product," VP of Microsoft Interactive Entertainment Europe Chris Lewis told MCV.

"Titles such as our sports games, Scene It! and Guitar Hero – which has become a preferential experience on Xbox 360 – has already proved that, and we have lot more coming in that space this year.

Lewis also reiterated Microsoft’s dedication to the family audience with its Xbox Live service.

“The number of people that have signed up to the Live service so far is testament to the fact that there are a broad spectrum of consumers enjoying the service,” he added.

“That can only grow as we expand the likes of Live Arcade and Live Video Store. We’re listening hard to what casual consumers want as you see us release more and more content that appeals to a broad audience.”

Around the Network

Well games library was never really the problem for the console. That's a lot of games, with a lot of quality. MS really botched things this cycle. With those games they should be way ahead.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

is he including the original xbox games as well or just 360....also you cant count cookie cutter remakes like madden x-x as no one goes out and buys madden 05 in 08

mesoteto said:
is he including the original xbox games as well or just 360....also you cant count cookie cutter remakes like madden x-x as no one goes out and buys madden 05 in 08

You can't count them?  That makes no sense at all.  Are they games?  Do they play on the console? 

I still play ESPN 2K5 on original Xbox because it's my favorite football game.  Lots of people don't buy the new versions every year or buy the last year's version when it drops to practically free the next year. I have when I was poor.

Does every Dynasty Warrior/Mortal Kombat/Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero franchised to death iteration count?  Does Flow or a tech demo/physcis demo like Pain count? 

If they are separate entities and they play on the platform, I'd say they count as games.

^ well then the wii wins since it can play almost any flash game.....see i can do it as well

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
^ well then the wii wins since it can play almost any flash game.....see i can do it as well

What?  What do flash games have to do with 1000 XBLA/boxed product games?  I'm confused.

I would be all over microsoft about this claim as i support quality over quantity. However as they have the most quality games as well...I will let them off the hook for this stupid press statement. :)

PS3 and Wii have browsers within which you can play a buttload of flash games...

fastyxx said:
mesoteto said:

What? What do flash games have to do with 1000 XBLA/boxed product games? I'm confused.

my point is i want to know what he is counting--you cant just make claims with out giving proof to me-----he says they have the biggest libary of games....okay what are they and what does he call a game---do demos count? and i really feel that tiger woods x-x should only count as one game sinc eno major changes ever really happen   

Pretty good :) This means that they can have 2k untill the end of the generation , or even more :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!