By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Discussion Thread

HOLY S*IT!!!!!!!!!!!! 145 72.14%

NO, NO!!! ITS NOT TRUE, P... 10 4.98%

YES, YES!!!!!!!! 45 22.39%

Total:200

I think its great, for me personally I don't think it serves much use going forward. If this was at launch I'm sure I would have used it a ton

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

The Wii U is region locked, if they remove it through a firmware update should I point out that the One (and PS4) was region free from day one?

If you don't, I will.

People are way over hyping the backwards compatibility feature. It's a neat feature if it worked for all games and would have been a major system seller if this was announced at launch, but as of right now it seems pretty weak.

The feature doesn't come out until this holiday and only works for games that are APPROVED by the developer. This means you cant just pop in any game and start playing it has to be approved and processed by the developers of the game first. So really the developers have all the power in determining whether or not this service will work.

I'm sure all MS developed games will be approved to be used, but you cant really be certain on what other developers will do considering they have there own plans and agendas.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Biggest OMG moment so far in e3 for me.

Just when I had decided I was gonna get a ps4 next year for my next gen console as well. Now I Dont know what I’m gonna get.

That's a great feature to have.I never owned an Xbox before the XB1 so being able to play 360 games without waiting for a PC emulator would be nice, but I don't understand how it works, is every 360 game playable or only a selected few? Also what kind of imprevements do games get?

Wish they would clarify that, hopefully they do later on.

Around the Network

It's great, unless it's implemented in the way BC usually is. Anyone remember the days of PS2 BC "working" on a large library of games, only to have many of them glitch out and/or crash? The current list of games for X1 is, in a word, underwhelming. While I expect that to expand, I'm most over the hype of BC and the lackluster implementation.

@Kirin_gaming A select few: they've already been posted in another thread.

Quite a good business move if you can then buy 360 games from the store.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

First of all, to everyone who said it couldn't happen, and wasn't going to happen when I said it was possible, piss on you.

Second, it's a win. Plain and simple.

The ability for people to take both the Xbox Live Arcade, Games On-Demand, and Xbox 360 disc-based games they own and play them on the Xbox One is a win for those who own the games.

It means people can play the games that they already own on a single system, it means they can finish games they may not have finished because they couldn't afford to own both consoles and traded one in for the other, and it's a win because some teenagers became adults during the life of the Xbox One, had kids, and now want to play some of those games with their kids.

I loved the original Xbox compatibility on the Xbox 360. While there are some who never took advantage of that benefit, I did. Not only did I find the new controller better and easier to use than the original Xbox controllers (both the Duke and the S), it worked with almost all of the games I owned. The original Xbox compatibility on the Xbox 360 allowed me to trade-in my original Xbox, plus I was able to go and buy older Xbox games I never had the chance to play.

With the Xbox 360, there are games I bought and still haven't played, there are games I never completed, and there are still some games I'd like to play yet. Games I bought through Games on Demand, and Xbox Live Arcade. It's a win.

Backward compatibility gives gamers options, regardless of what system it's on. It's a win.

As usual people over hype and overate an announcement that is not that important.If this was two years ago and it supported the entire 360 library than that would have been HUGE,but not now.The list of supported games is going to be low and MS will probably abandon the feature next year anyway just like they do most of their features (smart-glass,Kinect).It would take time and resources to make every game compatible and I don't see them investing in it beyond just using it to promote the X1 so people can buy it.