By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony have 30 games being developed for Morpheus

Shuhei Yoshida said the following In a long WIRED article about VR and Morpheus.

“We need to convince PS4 owners to spend several hundred dollars to purchase a Morpheus headset, on top of the PS4 they already have,” ... “And more gaming content is what will convince them. We have 30 or more games being developed that we are tracking—not all of them will come out at launch, but there are serious efforts being made on all of them.”

2 of those games are a VR version of Ubisoft’s Trackmania racing franchise; Harmonix Music VR, a music visualizer from the Rock Band developer; Wayward Pines, a new game from the team behind third-person shooter Monday Night Combat.

Adam Boyes followed by saying

I’m shocked at how broad it is,” ... “You think everything’s going to fall into one of four categories—sports, shooters, action, etc.—and that’s not the case. Because developers have such great aceess to VR tools in general, they’re just throwing everything at the wall.”

I would assume that those 30 games don't include games from independent developers who don't parner with directly with SCE.

The man who wrote the article also tried a new demo from the old Zipper developers at Impulse Gear

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network

Glad to see they have their heads on and know how difficult it's going to be to make this thing catch on. I wish them all the success.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Virtualware

I hope there is a good amount of AAA games

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Yikes, they are really spending a lot of money on this thing. Unfortunately, the price will be it's main cause of failure.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

This if for the players!!!

MoHasanie said:

Yikes, they are really spending a lot of money on this thing. Unfortunately, the price will be it's main cause of failure.

which isnt even announced yet

If it costs $300 I'm interested. I won't be interested in it if it costs more and if it existing and upcoming PS4 exclusives don't support it.

Even then its a hard sell for me.

By the way, they (WIRED) also mention that Sony will bring 20 games and experiences to E3 including the new one from Guerilla Games.

I don't know if he count known 2015 titles such as RIME.

Don't copy random editorials.

Ruler said:
MoHasanie said:

which isnt even announced yet

Several hundread dollars is a lot for a headset. Even Sony is not sure how they can convince people to buy it. But if the device is more than $200, then the casuals will probably not buy it. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54