By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Maker is possibly the big sleeper of 2015

Mario Maker?

GOTY 70 21.81%

Insanely fun 146 45.48%

Looks nice 65 20.25%

Meh 22 6.85%

Looks terrible 5 1.56%

Are you kidding me? 13 4.05%

Total:321
Goodnightmoon said:
MoHasanie said:

No, but making and designing your own levels is. 

That´s because editors are usually boring and unintuitive, and many times the gameplay doesn´t stand up, but we all know Nintendo always try to do everything on the most intuitive and addictive way possible. And is mario, the gameplay is good for sure. Even if you don´t like to make levels, you can enjoy the crazy creations of the people.

I just don't see it doing well. It will appeal to the hardcore Nintendo fans but not that casuals. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That´s because editors are usually boring and unintuitive, and many times the gameplay doesn´t stand up, but we all know Nintendo always try to do everything on the most intuitive and addictive way possible. And is mario, the gameplay is good for sure. Even if you don´t like to make levels, you can enjoy the crazy creations of the people.

I just don't see it doing well. It will appeal to the hardcore Nintendo fans but not that casuals. 

... You can't be serious right? This game has the ability to appeal to every body of every age group.  There are lots of people who want to make mario levels for fun and even more who want to play them. All nintendo needs to do is advertize it right and it will be big. I honestly can see this being the best selling title on Wii U.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

MoHasanie said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Doing well compared to what? This game will easily get up there with MK8, SSB4, SM3DW, which is the best you can realistically ask for.

This could potentially be as successful as the New Super Mario Bros. series was when it first came out. So much room for creativity.

I've always enjoyed mario romhacks, especially those for world, so I appreciate the potential.

Around the Network

This amiibo is really cool, I never though they could do a 8bit mario amiibo with a great appealing, but they did. This will help the sales even more.

Nintendo World Championship was freakin' brilliant. If that didn't make people excited for this game, then nothing will. I really hope it'll sell well. The speedrunning community could have a ton of fun with this, just think of all the ridiculous mario levels already made (and played to death) in that weird super mario world lvl editor, and all those self-playing levels that make music with the in-game sounds. I want this to get super big! The people around it would do so much cool stuff.

Then again, people don't like the Wii U, and then to pay for mario maker.. Imagine if the editor was made available on mobile platforms, but you could only play on the Wii U or something. Obviously you still need to test the levels, so that might be an issue.. But just to get it out to people.

Hiku said:

After seeing that video, it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I only have one problem with it. My own willingness to make levels.
I'd love to play fun and creative ones that others have made. But I feel no desire making them myself. =/

You will be able to do that :)

Hiku said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Hiku said:

After seeing that video, it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I only have one problem with it. My own willingness to make levels.
I'd love to play fun and creative ones that others have made. But I feel no desire making them myself. =/

You will be able to do that :)

Yeah, but will I know if they're good though? =p Hope there's a good rating system, mayble along with a preview video, or something like that.

They did a rating system on Mario Vs Donkey Tipping Stars, it worked because you rate people with the stars you earn in the game.

I guess this would have some rating system too, I hope.

Soo hyped for this one. Too bad I don't have a WiiU to go with it D: