By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LAST CALL: What Will Project Morpheus Ultimately be Called

Come Monday, we will probably have a new Final name for Sony's VR Headseat.

What do you think the retail product will be called?

Around the Network

I think Morpheus is fine, but seeing how they like to name things. Probably PlayStationView or something like that.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

It might be called 'terrible'. Haha, but seriously, Morpheus is fine. It did wonders for the first Matrix movie.

Probably something among the lines of "PlayStation Vision."

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Sony needs to make an impact with this thing and raise eyebrows so I would go with PlayStation Ebola.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Playstation VR, like Steam VR, it's the name with the fewest risks

Buying order: Switch, better pc

i hope they stick with morpheus honsetly

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

flint said:
Playstation VR, like Steam VR, it's the name with the least risks

I agree, PlaystationVR is probably the most suitable name.

flint said:
Playstation VR, like Steam VR, it's the name with the least risks

This, definitely this. I hope they don't give it some dumb name like they did to their phones (Xperia) or handheld (Vita...poor Vita).

Morpheus is fine.... everyone has seen the matrix.

blue/red pill:
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are popular culture symbols representing the choice between embracing the sometimes painful truth of reality (red pill) and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)."

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill -- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill -- you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." - Morpheus.

"Blue Pill" would actually be a kinda cool name too.

also the reason Hes named Morpheus in the matrix is because of the god:

Derived from Greek μορφη (morphe) meaning "shape", referring to the shapes seen in dreams. In Greek mythology Morpheus was the god of dreams.

This device lets you dream new worlds, fresh experiances.... its a fitting name.