By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 spoilers... I'm done!

Faelco said:
Arlo said:

Fallout 4 alone is enough to make me wish I'd stayed off the internet for the whole month.  It was one of the biggest things I was hoping would pop up at the show, and they went and completely spoiled the surprise.  Not only by revealing it early, but by revealing that they were about to reveal it a day before.  That's like...a double spoiler.

Spoilers and early reveals are different things. We didn't have a lot of spoilers (yet), but many early reveals. I don't see any problem with these...

They are indeed different, but for me they're effectively one and the same.  Whether intentional or not, it's all stuff I would have liked to see in a presentation.

Around the Network
Arlo said:

Faelco said:

Spoilers and early reveals are different things. We didn't have a lot of spoilers (yet), but many early reveals. I don't see any problem with these...

They are indeed different, but for me they're effectively one and the same.  Whether intentional or not, it's all stuff I would have liked to see in a presentation.

So.... You would like to live in a cave for the rest of the year, just to expect way too many stuff to be announced during E3 with good and bad surprises ? ^^ Or should we create a "pre-E3" period when any info about any game is forbidden ?

If they reveal something before E3, they have something else to talk about during the show. I understand why you would be annoyed by spoilers (I am too), but I just don't understand why anyone would be disappointed because of an early reveal. For example, R&C : everyone is talking about it now. If the same videos were revealed during E3 show, nobody would care, we would still be talking about UC4 or megatons.

I don't care about spoilers. They are just those same games announced a few days earlier. So if anything, I am glad, because I learn new things even quicker.
But then, I don't ever watch any conferences, because of the time zone difference, but also because about 15 minutes of interesting stuff gets stretched with a lot of filler. So I rather just read the summary when I wake up, and then watch select videos that interest me. And with these spoilers, I can stretch my watching out more.

It was Adachi

Faelco said:
Arlo said:

Faelco said:

So.... You would like to live in a cave for the rest of the year, just to expect way too many stuff to be announced during E3 with good and bad surprises ? ^^ Or should we create a "pre-E3" period when any info about any game is forbidden ?

If they reveal something before E3, they have something else to talk about during the show. I understand why you would be annoyed by spoilers (I am too), but I just don't understand why anyone would be disappointed because of an early reveal. For example, R&C : everyone is talking about it now. If the same videos were revealed during E3 show, nobody would care, we would still be talking about UC4 or megatons.

It's just a preference thing.  I like to have it all in one place, presented in an exciting format.  A while before E3 is fine; it's revealing stuff the weeks before it that just doesn't make sense to me.  If E3 is just a place where everyone shows off their games instead of revealing them, I feel there's little point in tuning in.  I can watch gameplay trailers all I want throughout the rest of the year, but there's only one chance to be really surprised (rather than lamely having the news pop up on my various feeds in the form of news articles--not a lot of excitement in that).

It's not like I'm going to go on blackout for a good portion of the year or anything though, haha.  Just the next few days.

Around the Network

Don't worry, Paper Mario 5 hasnt been completely spoiled yet!

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

I completely agree

Not only is someone revealing 1 of your 5 presents 10 days before christmas, he reveals that it was an xbox one when you wanted a ps4, and now your mood is ruined leading up to christmas

i.e. - Hyrule warriors 3ds was revealed when I was hoping for twilight princess 3ds, and now I'm kind of down :(

The conferences are all at bad times except for Bethesda's and Sony's. I miss E3 for MS and the rest most years due to work and sleep. E3 is overated, but fun.

Could we also label early E3 announcements as spoilers from now on, since they do spoil some content (artwork, setting,etc...) and rumors with rumors

I don't blame you, I'm going for an E3 media black out straight after the Sunday Smash Bros Sakurai stream until Friday 17th, as I will be unfortunately unable to watch any of the E3's live.