By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Should We Have an eSports Sub-forum?

Would an eSports Sub-forum be a good addition to VGChartz?

Yes 7 53.85%

No 6 46.15%

Total:13

There aren't too many threads about eSports as far as I know, but if there are, there are plenty of places that it could go into..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I Watch Esports almost daily so I would definitely participate.

LipeJJ said:
What's an eSport? .-.

It is just people playing video games all day till they get so good at it they ae considered best in the world. They compete in competitions and ohope they earn money.

sundin13 said:
Does anyone here actually care about eSports? I know I don't...

I watch League of Legends fairly religiously at least on the KR/NA/EU scene.  Been watching for about 3 years.

It _might_ be interesting to have a forum here, I know esports is a pretty good sized scene.  I dunno what kind of posting activity we would have on this site though.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
sundin13 said:

I watch League of Legends fairly religiously at least on the KR/NA/EU scene.  Been watching for about 3 years.

It _might_ be interesting to have a forum here, I know esports is a pretty good sized scene.  I dunno what kind of posting activity we would have on this site though.

Smite is my interest, I've only really started watching with any enthusiasm since the first world champs, though I did watch it on and off before that. I play Smite a wee bit so that's why it interests me.

I guess I would be OK with eSports going in to the MMO sub-forum, but I would like it, if that was to happen, for the name of the subforum to be MMOs and eSports.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
LipeJJ said:
What's an eSport? .-.

It is just people playing video games all day till they get so good at it they ae considered best in the world. They compete in competitions and ohope they earn money.

Basically you've described all pro sports, so I guess that's an acknowledgement that eSports are sports.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

sundin13 said:

I mean...lots of people do. Kind of a weird thing to say...

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

mZuzek said:
Anyways, I agree it would be unnecessary. Most people here seem to think eSports are pointless and stupid, and they're pretty damn vocal about it too. Not in the most friendly of ways.

I'm so confused...why is that? It's literally gaming. How can a gaming community hate gaming?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

binary solo said:
Cobretti2 said:
LipeJJ said:
What's an eSport? .-.

Basically you've described all pro sports, so I guess that's an acknowledgement that eSports are sports.

Lol, exactly. People get really good at something that is entertaining to the public and then they get paid for it. Nothing wrong with that. That's what sports are and that's what eSports are. I'm pretty confused why people would bash competitive gaming.

mZuzek said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

I'm so confused...why is that? It's literally gaming. How can a gaming community hate gaming?

Don't ask me, it always bugged me too. But it's real.

Weird. Well, I watch a couple hours of SC2 a day, so I certainly wouldn't be opposed to an eSports thread, but I'm not sure enough people on these forums even watch Starcraft.