By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario: 3D Land vs. 3D World

Tagged games:

They're Both 3D...but which is better to you?

Super Mario 3D Land 28 18.18%

Super Mario 3D World 115 74.68%

Super Mario 3D Land World... 11 7.14%

Total:154

As much as I loved both games I can't see it being even close.
3D World improved on absolutely every aspect of 3D Land for me in a huge way.
The multiplayer could be frustrating but when playing with crappier players I would just toss them down a hole and go on my way :)

The special stages in 3D World were pure greatness.

Around the Network

I agree, 3D Land is way better. It is a great platformer for 3DS, while 3D World fails to impress in a new HD console.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

after i played 3d world, i have never touched 3d land again.

97alexk said:

I understand why you like 3D land more, but 3D world is just more fun imo, 3D land is kinda bland in level envoirment

WEll, as long as you understand. True, the environments on 3D World couldn't be done on 3DS but the environments weren't exactly "bland". They were simplistic at most.

Pavolink said:
I agree, 3D Land is way better. It is a great platformer for 3DS, while 3D World fails to impress in a new HD console.

I mean, from a gameplay perspective. I would have thought 3D Land would at least have 50% of the votes. It was easy at first, but then they hit you with double the stages not just with 20 or so. I just felt like 3D World was a failed attempt to capture the essence of 3D Land.

Around the Network

3d world is a better game but nowhere close to let's say galaxy. While 3D land is a very good 3d platform game on 3DS. I would go for 3D land if you ask which game is better if you take the system they are on in to account. If not and it's purely which game is more fun/better 3D world.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Ljink96 said:
Pavolink said:

I mean, from a gameplay perspective. I would have thought 3D Land would at least have 50% of the votes. It was easy at first, but then they hit you with double the stages not just with 20 or so. I just felt like 3D World was a failed attempt to capture the essence of 3D Land.

I had exactly the same reaction to 3D Land as you did in the OP - it was crack, and I played through all levels and all special levels in about a week.

I've owned 3D World for about a year now and for whatever reason I've just not gotten around to finishing it.

RushJet1 on: 

Bandcamp

YouTube

Twitter