By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did the PS3 really have "no gamez"? Dispelling a myth.

I think the problem was that many of the games had limited appeal, or were of lower quality (in the general public's perception).

Around the Network

it only had no gaems because xbox had all the important exclusives like bioshock, mass effect, eternal sonata, naruto, and castle crashers. 360's early lineup was amazing.

You don't spell games as "gaems" or "gamez". Please return to the first grade and concentrate more closely this time. Have a good one!

pokymon90 said:
You don't spell games as "gaems" or "gamez". Please return to the first grade and concentrate more closely this time. Have a good one!

Dunt kritisize mai spalling.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

PS3's 2011 was probably the greatest year for exclusives in the last decade on any console.

Around the Network

Ps3 first years were weak but is christmas morning compared with Ps4

SamuelRSmith said:
I think the problem was that many of the games had limited appeal, or were of lower quality (in the general public's perception).

I owned a PS3 since Dec 2006 and I never understood this "no gaemz" thing.  For example, I would say that FPS games are the most popular genre among gamers.  Resistance Fall of Man provided a fantastic multiplayer experience and it was the first FPS game on a console to reach 20v20 player matches.  The next installment provided 32v32 player matches, which was again the highest player count in a console game at that time.  Not to mention the new and creative Little Big Planet or the single player experience with Uncharted or MGS4.  

How could games like these be referred as "limited appeal" or of "lower quality"?

Smear-Gel said:
Not gonna read this for one reason:

Everybody knows its a myth and an exaggeration

Every game system gets this reputation thrown on them.

Even the friggin 3DS is getting this reputation here.

Just laugh at the jokes and play all the games anyways

Dis.

Jimbo1337 said:

I owned a PS3 since Dec 2006 and I never understood this "no gaemz" thing.  For example, I would say that FPS games are the most popular genre among gamers.  Resistance Fall of Man provided a fantastic multiplayer experience and it was the first FPS game on a console to reach 20v20 player matches.  The next installment provided 32v32 player matches, which was again the highest player count in a console game at that time.  Not to mention the new and creative Little Big Planet or the single player experience with Uncharted or MGS4.  

How could games like these be referred as "limited appeal" or of "lower quality"?

I owned a PS3 since European launch, too. And for the longest time, all I had that I personally wanted to play was Resistance. Even then, the game must have been flawed, else why would have they changed so much in the sequel?

Baseball games have limited appeal. F1 games have limited appeal. Folklore and Untold Legends have limited appeal.

The genuine gems, like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Heavenly Sword were few and far between (and not to mention, Heavenly Sword was a low-seller AND widely regarded as far too short).

Warhawk, at the time, was relatively unique in that it was an online-only title, primarily distributed via digital download, both of these factors would have harmed it when it released.

Let's not forget that MGS4 and GT5 were heavily delayed, to the point where it was a running joke at one time.

By 2008, the meme was dying out anyway.

It's not like the PS3 game lineup was utterly terrible, it's more a "death by a thousand cuts" type thing. Very few of those games are considered "killer apps" and a lot of them came with their own issues, like I addressed above, that led to the "PS3 has no gamez" meme.

I've been on these forums for a very long time. I was a member when the PS3 was selling dead last, and I remember there being a period of time where the only game released in AGES was Pirates of the Carribbean. Let that sink in. That's where the "myth" came from.

problem with that list is that its discounting 3rd party multiplats. It has always been a crap argument because people would make list just like this missing a huge chunk of games. It doesnt matter if a game was released on every other systems on earth, if it was on PS3 it counts. So in that regard yes it was a myth, as it always got supports