By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did the PS3 really have "no gamez"? Dispelling a myth.

kitler53 said:
it only had no gaems because xbox had all the important exclusives like bioshock, mass effect, eternal sonata, naruto, and castle crashers. 360's early lineup was amazing.

outside of castle crashers all those games were released a year later. And PS3 had its own Naruto which IMHO was the better game.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
I think the PS3 came out at a bad time for me. That was when I started uni, so the only thing I knew about was Ninten with a slice of Xbox. I often did here that the PS3 didn't have a lot of good games in the beginning.

We have something in common.

daredevil.shark said:
Cloudman said:
I think the PS3 came out at a bad time for me. That was when I started uni, so the only thing I knew about was Ninten with a slice of Xbox. I often did here that the PS3 didn't have a lot of good games in the beginning.

We have something in common.

Huh, that is an interesting coincidence. I was not expecting that... ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Basically it didn't have that #1 AAA exclusive to buy the platform arguably until MGS4.

The Wii was the Wii and the 360 had gears in 06 and of course Mass Effect/Bioshock in 07.

As an owner of the ps3 and 360 from both launches respectively, honestly I had no reason to play ps3 other than resistance until 2008. If was pretty bad.

Mixed in with poor multiplatform ports and you should see why it struggled.

Once 09 hit though the ps3 started to have the edge over the 360.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I bought my PS3 in early 2007 and despite having a lot of issues with it ( the launch price, lack of rumble and custom soundtracks to name a few) I enjoyed it because of games like Motorstorm, Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank. I never really understood all of the criticisms surrounding the PS3's library because it always matched or surpassed the competition in that regard. Again, that's coming from a man who does not exactly view the PS3 favorably as a whole.

I remember a lot of complaints about 3rd party multiplats looking inferior on the PS3. As somebody who owns(ed) a ton of Ubisoft titles on both the PS3 and 360 I can honestly say that they all look like garbage :P
Seriously though, I'll sit down and give Rainbow Six Vegas a spin once in a blue moon on my 360 and think to myself "This is the superior version, the reason why the PS3 got so much flack?".

Around the Network
bouzane said:

I bought my PS3 in early 2007 and despite having a lot of issues with it ( the launch price, lack of rumble and custom soundtracks to name a few) I enjoyed it because of games like Motorstorm, Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank. I never really understood all of the criticisms surrounding the PS3's library because it always matched or surpassed the competition in that regard. Again, that's coming from a man who does not exactly view the PS3 favorably as a whole.

I remember a lot of complaints about 3rd party multiplats looking inferior on the PS3. As somebody who owns(ed) a ton of Ubisoft titles on both the PS3 and 360 I can honestly say that they all look like garbage :P
Seriously though, I'll sit down and give Rainbow Six Vegas a spin once in a blue moon on my 360 and think to myself "This is the superior version, the reason why the PS3 got so much flack?".

IMHO i think a  lot of that was overexaggerated anyway

Those first two years could have been much better. Most PS3 players during that time came from the PS2 and where expecting a product on the same level. By the end of 2001 (about one year since it launched in the USA, give or take a few months) PS2 had the following as exclusives or timed exclusives:

MGS4 level games (for their time):

Gran Turismo 3
Grand Theft Auto 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy X
Silent Hill 2

Still way more remarkable than Resistanse: Fall of Man (for their time):

Tony Hawk 3 (maybe not an exclusive)
SSX
Virtua Fighter 4
Jak and Daxter
ICO
Klonoa 2
Twisted Metal Black
Ace Combat 4
Red Faction
Onimusha

Sorry but compared to its predecessor the PS3 was massively disappointing and that's what people mean when they say that It had no games. Now obviously saying "it had no games" its a lie if taken literally but even the Virtual Boy had games by that logic. Same thing goes for the PS4 so far. When compared to the PS2 during the same time period, they both suck. And is fair to compare them because they are all Play Stations and people are right to expect something from the brand.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

PS3 had plenty of games. That was just the MS fanboys line of BS, as to why they didn't own one.

This is said about every console ever, and it's always wrong.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

All three consoles last gen had plenty of amazing games to justify their respective purchases, even if not right out the gate.