By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Many First Party Remasters Has Sony Actually Done?

I see this a lot everywhere but I'm actually wondering how many first party remasters has Sony actually done on their PS4? Considering it's getting quite the name for having remastered games so far I can only think of:

The Last of Us
God of War 3
Uncharted Collection

And only one of those actually is out, and it came out last year?

This is a genuine question so please enlighten me :)

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I just remembered Tearaway: Unfolded, but it's going to be really different with all the DS4 shit they're really taking advantage of so is that more of a remake? Or would you guys consider it a remastered port and should be added to the list?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

TLOU got a remaster 1 year after release lol...

1 so far 2 are coming next

I honestly believe people are also looking at remasters that Sony has NOT released. The only retail remaster Sony has actually done is The Last of Us and that was last year, but when you add in third parties like Metro Redux, Saints Row IV, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, Tomb Raider, DMC, Sleeping Dogs, Injustice, Borderlands, and the upcoming Payday 2, Darksiders 2, and so on, it may seem like a lot.

I honestly do not believe it's all that bad. Largely exaggerated, as most everything is. Sensationalism draws more.

Around the Network

Retail? Yeah, that's about it. Last gen we got Sly Collection, Ratchet & Clank collection, God of War Trilogy...any others? Digital we got Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Killzone, probably more.

I've got to be honest, I'm loving watching people trying to turn re-releases into a negative. It's one of the most amusing hot-button forum topics of the moment. Not only does it reek of desperation but it literally makes no sense.

arcaneguyver said:
Retail? Yeah, that's about it. Last gen we got Sly Collection, Ratchet & Clank collection, God of War Trilogy...any others? Digital we got Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Killzone, probably more.

Jak Trilogy, Resistance Trilogy, God of War Origins, God of War Saga, Ico/Shadow (was a retail release), Uncharted Dual pack (really just the two games in one big box), and I think a couple others. 

pokoko said:
I've got to be honest, I'm loving watching people trying to turn re-releases into a negative. It's one of the most amusing hot-button forum topics of the moment. Not only does it reek of desperation but it literally makes no sense.

haven't you heard,the only positive thing about the PS4 are the unexplainable sales

its has got quite a few forum dwellers foxed

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

ArchangelMadzz said:
I just remembered Tearaway: Unfolded, but it's going to be really different with all the DS4 shit they're really taking advantage of so is that more of a remake? Or would you guys consider it a remastered port and should be added to the list?

you don't have to put "not a troll" it is a fair question to ask

i wonder what the sales of all these re-masters amount to

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt