By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Project Cars sold 1 million globally.

Apparently on Gaf
they said its like
250k xbo
590k ps4
160k steam

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

biglittlesps said:

Why the reviews are good ? I did not play this game yet. Are you sure its bad simulator compared to GT and Forza? or its just not your type ?

It is not a bad simulator at all.. it is an unfinished project... there is nothing on it that add or differenciate it from others racing simulators... to be fair it is far way to reach that goal.

They had a big goal but delivered just a small part of it. The game lacks personality.

Even the 60fps promise was not archived... the game runs at 20fps sometimes.

PS. Assetto Corsa is coming to PS4/Xbone next year... so we will see if it delivers more than pCARs.

20fps? i heard that it does not run 60 in rain and when many cars are in race otherwise its fine. Even DF also concluded that, so when you have the problems ? in PS4?

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Apparently on Gaf
they said its like
250k xbo
590k ps4
160k steam

Uh... source?

(I don't doubt what you say XD i just want the source :P )

biglittlesps said:

20fps? i heard that it does not run 60 in rain and when many cars are in race otherwise its fine. Even DF also concluded that, so when you have the problems ? in PS4?

Yes PS4 but the Xbone didn't run better either.

There is a lot of tearing with a lot of cars on the track.

Ryng_Tolu said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Apparently on Gaf
they said its like
250k xbo
590k ps4
160k steam

Uh... source?

http://steamspy.com/app/234630

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29558-The-pCARS-v-Forza-discussion&p=967681#post967681

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29558-The-pCARS-v-Forza-discussion/page12&p=967170#post967170

add steam and xbo's ltd and itll give you 590k for ps4.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Ryng_Tolu said:

Uh... source?

It is from pCars dev forum.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29558-The-pCARS-v-Forza-discussion&p=967681&viewfull=1#post967681

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29558-The-pCARS-v-Forza-discussion/page12&p=967170#post967170

Steam you can check yourself... so 160k (Steam) + 250k (Xbone) give us ~590k for PS4 and they confirmed PS4 have the biggest market share.

Mr.Playstation said:
Great news . Hopefully they can now use the money they obtained to get the WII U version of the game up and running!

Very doubtful, but one can dream. Mind you, my attention has fully shifted to Fast racing Neo, so I suppose I don't care anymore.

biglittlesps said:
ethomaz said:

biglittlesps said:

Why not? they did great job in the game and i think they deserve it.

They didn't reach any of their goals in terms of racing simulator... nothing special in the game... the perfromance/bugs just killed the game after all.

They could do a far way better job in my opinion... a lot of small racing simulators in PC did better with less money.

Edit - I forget to say the cars host is too bad.

Why the reviews are good ? I did not play this game yet. Are you sure its bad simulator compared to GT and Forza? or its just not your type ?

Most of the comments I've read online of people who have played it say that reviewers gave it a free pass for being an indie. It has many still unresolved problems and if it was made by an AAA developer, it wouldn't have received the scores it did. I've noticed that indie games get insanely high scores and a free pass for so many things that it wouldn't surprise me if it's true. Never played it myself but even if I do at some point, I'll still have no clue, as  I don't get racing games.

Not bad. I was actually expecting it to flop.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

BTW, anyone know what Witcher 3 sales are?