By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF! Final Fantasy XV Story Is Not Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Your Reaction to this news

I wish I didn't read it 20 10.15%

WTF! 26 13.20%

I miss Stella!! 41 20.81%

Meh.. Don't Care. 110 55.84%

Total:197

Fuck.....Now we have is Cid.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Hynad said:

It was Basch who was originally  the main character. Not Balthier.

"Balthier was sidelined to make way for Vaan, a composite creation made of teen girl dreams and marketing man visions,vanilla to the bone." (Vol. 209, p. 110) Edge Magazine. He was the main character at a time, but they decided to go with Vaan for some odd ass reason. Though there is evidence that suggests both Balthier and Basch were at one point considered the main character.

That's not a quote from the interview. Here's an interview with actual details coming from Square Enix employees themselve:

http://www.ffring.com/articles/divers-sortie-francaise-de-Final-Fantasy-XII.html

But if you can't read french: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_XII?oldformat=true

the_dengle said:
You don't know the half of it. The latest rumors suggest they will stray even further from Nomura's original vision by actually releasing a video game. The nerve of these guys.

lol

Well I think it's a shame that they removed the party scene and Stella but I'm still really excited for the game, I just hope that Luna isn't too much of a damsel in distress and it's cool that the black haired girl and dragoon girl are still there.

As long as its good im happy

Wagram said:

There's a serious over reaction to this. People are mourning a character that didn't even exist outside of a few trailers, and they defended themselves for some changes. You're pissed off over losing a concept of an idea people formulated in their heads over a decade. Stella might have been the most obnoxious emo character ever and you wouldn't even have known until release.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII died a LONG time ago. It's time to move on, and i'm seriously stunned people haven't accepted this already.

Really hate to say this, but people are right when they say Final Fantasy Fandumb. I hate being apart of this community. Every single piece of news has to be an over reaction, that leads to threats, cries, and more. We all know you'll purchase the fucking game so just.....stop.

I'm with you there, man. The FF fanbase is one of the worst I've ever seen and the comments in this thread just reassure that notion. 

OT: I really don't give a damn whether or not Stella is in the game. Luna could be an amazing character for all we know. I did like the concepts with Versus but as long as XV is a good game, then this discussion will be irrelevant.

Around the Network

This would've been so freakin epic.. It is not fair..RIP Stella :(

damn you tabata!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

damn you tabata!

For all we know, what we'll get instead might be even better... -___-

Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

damn you tabata!

For all we know, what we'll get instead might be even better... -___-

Too late. The game is ruined because of very common developmental changes the scale of which we don't even know. FF is dead. 

I can't even imagine what would happen today if we got VII's development cycle. I think the fanbase would collapse. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

To throw useless information into the void:

Stella : It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Stella is "star"

Luna: Is an Italian and Spanish given name of Latin origin meaning "moon"

Noctis: Latin, genitive singular of nox night; "of the night."

So the real question is... is it better for Noctis' night sky to be illuminated by a star or the moon....

This isn't helpful at all nvm.

Haven't you heard the guys? There is no room for a female lead in a sausage fest. This shouldn't really be a surprise.

Also Stella was probably going to be a boring bitch anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.