By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US June monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Ryng_Tolu said:
Where the fuck is PS4 on monthly!? Seriusly, is happen even in May... is a sorta of bug or what?

I believe the monthly will go up on Monday.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Forgot to tag this. Gonna be an exciting Amazon month :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

May NPD this Thursday?

I wonder how this will do:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YTE7MBI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00YTE7MBI&linkCode=as2&tag=jkfty-20&linkId=DF5VOJKI7IA5YNG4

TLOU bundle + Borderlands 2 for FREE

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:

Thank you, I'll try to use it right from niw on xS

The only alternative is 'beaten' which puts it one step further back than past tense.

John was trying to beat the game (present tense)
John beat that game (past tense)
John had beaten that game (Pluperfect)

This may help ... it helps me!

http://www.verbix.com/webverbix/English/beat.html

'Beat' would be considered 'active' while 'beaten' would be considered 'passive'. That's not the end of the story but it's all you need for now :)

Active: John poured water into the bucket
Passive: John took the bucket which had been filled with water.

I hope you don't find this patronising because I could never do what you have done. It's weird because I also belong to a writing forum and regularly help people with their work (only in presentation and word choice really) and every time someone asks me about grammar I have NO idea how to explain. LOL

It is easier to use beaten,eaten, broken as long as you use the verb have/had.  If you dont use it, then its a matter of determining if its a regular or irregular verbs.  Regular verbs: play/played    Irregular verbs: eat/ate.  Thing is, there arent many words like the 'beat' case in the english language.  Easy to get confused with those.

Around the Network

The Amazon chart this month will be skewed low for PS4 compared to NPD because NPD will count the Batman bundles for June, whereas on Amazon all those bundles appeared in the April monthly. There will probably be a bit of a spike in the Amazon chart when Batman releases, but not as much as would otherwise be expected with a large number of consoles already pre-sold.

OTOH Xb one could see a relatively larger Amazon spike when Batman comes out because no one is pre-buying Xb ones for Batman, all the Xbox fans of Batman will buy their Xb one the day / week Batman comes out. I don;t expect this to put Xb one ahead of PS4 in the monthly chart, but I do expect the Amazon chart to look a lot closer that what NPD turns out to be. I don't think we'll see a 2:1 month, but I think there will be plenty of daylight between PS4 and XB one for June. MS could do something to try to counter Batman on PS4, but I don't think it would be worth the effort and expense just to boost sales in a normally low selling month.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Why is the ACU bundle suddenly at number 6? Is it the $3.50 price drop? Or was there a short term special deal that I've missed but is keeping it up in the charts? Oh wait, I see TES online is now out. Is that why Xb one has seen a surge. Pretty amazing for a multiplat to do have that much of a one-sided effect. Does Xb one have some exclusive stuff for TES online that would give it a push ahead of PS4?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Why is the ACU bundle suddenly at number 6? Is it the $3.50 price drop? Or was there a short term special deal that I've missed but is keeping it up in the charts? Oh wait, I see TES online is now out. Is that why Xb one has seen a surge. Pretty amazing for a multiplat to do have that much of a one-sided effect. Does Xb one have some exclusive stuff for TES online that would give it a push ahead of PS4?

They were selling Xbox One $3.50 and i missed it?  ;)

The updates are pretty slow this month it seems.

Splatoon holds pretty well, and the XBO has shot up to #6 on the hourlies. Wonder why?

tagging

hoggin' all the action, I see...