By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Oswald - endless runner/shooter that I developed

Hi everyone! For the last couple of months a small group of us have been working on a game called Project Oswald. It is an endless run and gun. It is finally ready for release, and is now available on the Google Play Store for Android, and will be available on the App Store for iOS in the next few days. It is free to play, but does have ads and some in-app purchases, but I think we have been very generous for both (ads don't appear very frequently and you can remove ads and get all the additional game modes and player appearances for only $2).

"Stuck in the endless reaches of space, Oswald, the last astronaut, attempts to find solace as the lone survivor after a great tragedy. From the darkest depths of the vast aether to the coldest realms of a tundric planet, the player must push through hordes of mechanical aliens and keep the human legacy alive.

For years scientists have tried to answer the magnificent enigmatic mysteries surrounding space. This game answers none of those, but it does have a levelling system and different power-ups to help along the journey."

Link to the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.TeamOswald.ProjectOswald

Any feedback, comments, suggestions, or otherwise are appreciated! I'll be around to answer questions, enjoy!

Around the Network

Love the artstyle, will check it out a bit later :)

It said Tap to Begin, but nothing happened when I did. Doesn't seem to work on my phone sadly.

Smear-Gel said:
It said Tap to Begin, but nothing happened when I did. Doesn't seem to work on my phone sadly.

What phone are you using? And you mean when it gets to the start screen with the Project Oswald logo?

Stever89 said:
Smear-Gel said:

What phone are you using? And you mean when it gets to the start screen with the Project Oswald logo?

Huawei Y320, and yes.

Around the Network
Smear-Gel said:
Stever89 said:

Huawei Y320, and yes.

Hmmm, I am not sure why it wouldn't be working, the phone seems like it would be good enough to run the game. I will look into it and see if I can figure out what might be happening.

Thought this to be a political game =:.

Smear-Gel said:

Same here, stuck on the splash screen for me where it says "Tap to Begin". Tapping doesn't do anything, even though the particles run smoothly. Samsung Galaxy S and Android 2.3.5.

The game looks interesting, would like to try. :)

LemonSlice said:
Smear-Gel said:

Same here, stuck on the splash screen for me where it says "Tap to Begin". Tapping doesn't do anything, even though the particles run smoothly. Samsung Galaxy S and Android 2.3.5.

The game looks interesting, would like to try. :)

I'm not really sure what would be causing this. It may be the android version... I know it says 2.3 and up, but that was just the recommended version that Google gave me when I submitted the game. I may have to increase it if a lot of 2.3 users are having problems. Once I get some stats back from installs I'll see what's up and try to make a fix if possible.

May have found a fix for the touches not working. Unfortunately it'll take a day to roll out the change (with a quick test to make sure it works on currently working devices, then a few hours for it to show up on Google Play Store). Once the update is live I'll post here again and see if it worked. Sorry about that and thanks for letting me know!