By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - [Football / Soccer] Neymar tried a rainbow flick… Athletic Bilbao players were not happy

So, we have some years until next world cup, and since many here looked like they enjoyed talking about it, i brought something to talk about.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4LkMLYNQqA

What Happened:
So, recently Neymar tryed a "rainbow flick" (i think this is the name) in the end of a match against Athletic de Bilbao. The Athletic player, that failed to avoid the move, pushed Neymar down and a uproar started. Neymar received yellow card for trying it.

Sides:
Athletic players and the judge saw that as a attempt to humiliate them. Barcelona was already winning 3-1 and only 5 minutes left, so there was no "need" for that.

On the other hand, many people highlighted he was going toward the goal and you can't condemn a player for that. Others say it is the players job to entertain the audience, and hard/risky moves are exactly what they want to see.

Many even see Athletic answer as the reprehensible one. While Neymar tryed nothing illegal, he was pushed and physically provoked/harassed, and that's way more serious.

What do you think?

Around the Network

Yea, wrong forum. Help!

Help this man, but anyways i'm amazed at how idiotic people can be sometimes, its just a player doing what he's paid for: playing - there's no such thing as humiliation in futbol losing 1-0 is the same as losing 9-0 if anything the Bilbao's bunch of idiots and (even worse!) people in general who were ''offended'' by it should have nothing to do with this sport in the first place

The reaction from the Athletic players was idiotic, to say the least.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Great to see i am not the only one that thinks the reaction was way off.

Around the Network

Yeah... well, they were dead wrong. I understand that that could be considered a humuliation, but he did not break any rules. Actually, i dont think there is any rule that supports giving a fault against Barca in that situation. Dont care what dribble he used, he was going for the goal and he was pushed, wich is clearly against the rules.

This referee was making up his own rules as he went, and its not how it should be done. If Bilbao was beeing owned, well... its their own job to stop the humiliation. I almost think that the referee was skewed towards Bilbao.

I don't understand the outrage at all. It was a flashy play true, but it's a way to get past a defender. If the move succeeds then that's why he used it. If it doesn't succeed then why are you upset you got the ball. Europeans are a bit too sensitive.

If it was considered a humiliation, too bad. Don't loose.

Looked well within the confines of play to me.

Pathetic by Bilbao, Neymar is a showman and a rare technical talent in football, he should be allowed to play the game. Neymar did nothing wrong here, the opposition and their fans acted shamefully, if anyone should be judged, it should be the defender pushing Neymar to the ground and then acting like a brat afterwards.

Lol Neymar trying to embarrass Bilbao... think they are doing I fine job of that themselves -___-