By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Versus_Evil said:
Natsu said:

Yep I get something after every match. Just really want that warthog XD. How much stuff is in the game?

With the base game and the DLC, enough that your avergae joe will be unlocking stuff untill they get bored.

The xbone has the back to the future pack, is that all that is on the ps4 as well?

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:

Well, it might sound odd, but since around December '15, me and a few friends are working on funding to commission an Xbox One exclusive JRPG to an existing dev. We don't want to use Kickstarter yet since we want the private budget to fund the game and will use Kickstarter to create all content and DLC since we intend to release the final product with as much content as it can and if there is any DLC, it will be free too... 

We created the story, world, characters and whatnot (well, me for the most part, since I am a writer) but we want to commission a dev for the heavy lifting. We don't want to make something light between us or create a half baked thing, at least for our first venture together. 

Right now we have around $317,000 and we aim for the $2M, so it will be a year or two more, but we already have other people willing to chip in... 

Also, Deus, who's the last character in your signature? 

And welcome Southerners! 

Sorry, it took so long to answer. I just saw your comment.

It's Ash Crimson from King of Fighters. He was my main when i played KOF XIII.

The Xbox One version contains all the DLC packs and its classed as a GOTY edition so for £15.99 its a pretty good deal. , The PSN version is currently £15.99 + the DLC packs are £3.29 each.

Versus_Evil said:
Natsu said:

The xbone has the back to the future pack, is that all that is on the ps4 as well?

No the PS4 had other DLC packs aswell, Utopia Coliseum, Supersonic Fury, Chaos Run and Revenge of the Battle-Cars

Oh, I think those all included in the xbone version.. At least I was playing in Utopia yesterday

shikamaru317 said:

Whenever I see that character in your sig I think of Toph because of that hairstyle, lol

Lol, you're right, they really do look alike.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
yo_john117 said:

Thank you!

Man I hope they release them soon. I also wonder if graphical mods of any sort will be possible on the Xbox One.

It would be nice. I especially like that Seasons graphical mod. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIDsHVZICp4 

Sadly it likely won't be possible on XB1, just not enough power.

Edit: Some people are saying that framerates are nearly the same with the seasons mod installed as without (with no additional graphiucal mods), so maybe it will be possible. Subtle ENB apparently has a very minimal framerate drop as well.

Man that would be AMAZING! If they can pull it off I might just die of happiness lol.

Jdog535 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Well, it might sound odd, but since around December '15, me and a few friends are working on funding to commission an Xbox One exclusive JRPG to an existing dev. We don't want to use Kickstarter yet since we want the private budget to fund the game and will use Kickstarter to create all content and DLC since we intend to release the final product with as much content as it can and if there is any DLC, it will be free too... 

We created the story, world, characters and whatnot (well, me for the most part, since I am a writer) but we want to commission a dev for the heavy lifting. We don't want to make something light between us or create a half baked thing, at least for our first venture together. 

Right now we have around $317,000 and we aim for the $2M, so it will be a year or two more, but we already have other people willing to chip in... 

And welcome Southerners! 

That sounds wicked, you should keep me updated on the process of the game, and if you need anyone to beta test it, I will be open to test it for you. 

Well, right now we are at what is pretty much 33 percent of the minimum budget and looking into some devs. For the dev costs and what we're aiming at (a 60+ hour JRPG with lots of content from the start and aiming to be at least as solid as Tales of Vesperia + Xillia) we'll have to look into devs like GameArts, Atlus (they can make stuff with very little) or a smaller dev house like Tamsoft. Marvelous might be in the options too, but we haven't considered them yet. So far, Atlus is the obvious one, but if we're commissioning the game to them, it's going to take them well away from Persona territory (while they might be used to the urban setting we will be using, the game is technically open world and we also don't like Atlus' designs so we'd ask someone over at Type Moon or an artists' house to design the characters for us. 

Squeenix is out of the options though! XD

We also considered Bamco, but their dev costs are all over the place, not to mention I particularly might have a huge headache incoming since the artstyle is supposed to resemble Soulcalibur V and one of the characters looks a little bit too much like the heroine of that game...

Stuff aside, the stuff we have besides the money is some storyboards and a rough run of the mechanics. The game plays like a fusion of Halo 5 and Monster Hunter, with character switching, a party of 6 with you controlling one of them, nearly a dozen playable characters and an innovative quirk... the ability to change from third person to third person mode on the fly, especially useful since one of the characters is a shooter... 

Then there's magic working like grenades and fusing it with your weapons and melee techniques for extra damage... 

Natsu said:
Jdog535 said:

That sounds wicked, you should keep me updated on the process of the game, and if you need anyone to beta test it, I will be open to test it for you. 

Dude same :P

If we get the money to commission it, I am inviting all people registered in the GT list of this thread over to the closed beta... 

DeusXmachina said:
AsGryffynn said:

And welcome Southerners! 

Sorry, it took so long to answer. I just saw your comment.

It's Ash Crimson from King of Fighters. He was my main when i played KOF XIII.

Thanks... I knew I recognized him from somewhere but couldn't put my finger on it... 

AsGryffynn said:

Well, right now we are at what is pretty much 33 percent of the minimum budget and looking into some devs. For the dev costs and what we're aiming at (a 60+ hour JRPG with lots of content from the start and aiming to be at least as solid as Tales of Vesperia + Xillia) we'll have to look into devs like GameArts, Atlus (they can make stuff with very little) or a smaller dev house like Tamsoft. Marvelous might be in the options too, but we haven't considered them yet. So far, Atlus is the obvious one, but if we're commissioning the game to them, it's going to take them well away from Persona territory (while they might be used to the urban setting we will be using, the game is technically open world and we also don't like Atlus' designs so we'd ask someone over at Type Moon or an artists' house to design the characters for us. 

I love Spike Chunsofts character designs from Danganronpa. You should get them to make your game.

Yay Gamerscore leaderboards and avatar store are fun and welcome additions! :)

DeusXmachina said:
AsGryffynn said:

I love Spike Chunsofts character designs from Danganronpa. You should get them to make your game.

Strangely enough, I considered them as well when I played and enjoyed Conception II. However, with the stuff surrounding the next Kenka Bachou being turned into an otome VN... 

I am royally pissed Cavia isn't still around... they were perfect. Also, a few days ago, a friend called Bamco NA (we're in Miami as of this post but we're departing back to Spain today) to ask for a meeting regarding commissioned games with the JP branch. Depending on the answer they email to us on Saturday afternoon (heck, they said they'd be calling at 2:00 PM Madrid time as well) we might be able to go as far as get some of the old Vesperia staff (or what remains of it) on board with the project. Falcom is also an option, but the game will be... more graphically demanding than they are used to...