By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jlmurph2 said:
crissindahouse said:

View on YouTube

*Waits for Halo fans to find something to complain about this*

Only 100 members? Pff why even bother...

In non joking Halo news, you can officially listen to the full soundtrack here: https://soundcloud.com/343ndustries/sets/halo-5-guardians-original-game-soundtrack

Around the Network

The music is amazing, I'm at number 7 atm but already listened to "The Trials" and "Canticles". IMO the best Halo OST to date.

chris0409 said:
The music is amazing, I'm at number 7 atm but already listened to "The Trials" and "Canticles". IMO the best Halo OST to date.

Better than 117 and Never Forget-Midnight Edition?

Goatseye said:
chris0409 said:

Better than 117 and Never Forget-Midnight Edition?

117 was my favorite Halo theme until I heard The Trials. Kazuma Junnoichi created an epic sounding song by combining 117 and the classic Halo theme we all know.

Until now Never Forget still has the most feels though.

If I'm honest, I liked the Halo 4 soundtrack better. I haven't listen to all of the new one yet,and it's by no means bad or anything but it comes across to me as trying too hard to imitate Marty's sound. I'm all for having a variation of the classic Halo theme in there but that aside you should have room to play with in a new game. The guy who did the OST for 4 might not have done the classic Halo theme, but I really enjoyed the new sound he brought to the game for the most part, and I feel like it accentuated the shift in the tone of the story quite well. Here, so far, I mostly just hear "we played it safe."

Around the Network

After Thomas was Alone, I also bought the other 2 Curve Digital games in today's Deals with Gold.
75% off is quite a lot for digital only games.

Angelus said:
If I'm honest, I liked the Halo 4 soundtrack better. I haven't listen to all of the new one yet,and it's by no means bad or anything but it comes across to me as trying too hard to imitate Marty's sound. I'm all for having a variation of the classic Halo theme in there but that aside you should have room to play with in a new game. The guy who did the OST for 4 might not have done the classic Halo theme, but I really enjoyed the new sound he brought to the game for the most part, and I feel like it accentuated the shift in the tone of the story quite well. Here, so far, I mostly just hear "we played it safe."

A big portion of Halo 4's OST tried too hard to be different IMO, which is a bad thing if you want to convey that Halo vibe.

In this OST, Kazuma extended and varied quite a few songs from, what I was able to catch out, all previous Halos (except ODST, not too sure about 2) and added new tracks, which IMO do convey that Halo vibe, as well; a step forward without going into another direction.

In a Sprint video someone said they wanted to use the more classic themes for Blue Team and the new ones for Osiris; seems rather intentional than playing it safe to me.

chris0409 said:
Angelus said:

A big portion of Halo 4's OST tried too hard to be different IMO, which is a bad thing if you want to convey that Halo vibe.

In this OST, Kazuma extended and varied quite a few songs from, what I was able to catch out, all previous Halos (except ODST, not too sure about 2) and added new tracks, which IMO do convey that Halo vibe, as well; a step forward without going into another direction.

In a Sprint video someone said they wanted to use the more classic themes for Blue Team and the new ones for Osiris; seems rather intentional than playing it safe to me.

Ya, taking a bunch of songs from old games and touching them up is pretty much the definition of playing it safe in your soundtrack. But you enjoy it, and there's nothing wrong with that either. To each his own.

I prefer the direction they went in with 4 personally, just my opinion.

Angelus said:
chris0409 said:

Ya, taking a bunch of songs from old games and touching them up is pretty much the definition of playing it safe in your soundtrack. But you enjoy it, and there's nothing wrong with that either. To each his own.

I prefer the direction they went in with 4 personally, just my opinion.

Well its basically what Halo fans want. Any changes and they go crazy and say 343's ruining the series.

http://www.bfads.net/Black-Friday/Dell-Home/Ad#

Seems like we won't be getting another $50 cut this year. Leaked black friday ad still shows the gears bundle at $349. Also this is a pretty sweet deal; might be the one I try to get.