By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Radek said:

This was honestly awful, why was anyone excited for this?

It was basically just a 90 minute long Xbox Game Pass commercial...

Considering that GamePass is the best value for money service in gaming, and only getting better, this isn't exactly the diss that you think it is

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
I'm thinking Gamepass looks really interesting now. It has really come to its own and getting harder and harder to ignore. Wastelands looks nice. Also the flight sim, stunning scenery. Also I missed the memo on your own personalized controller?

Yep one thing I find interesting is a friend of mine bought 3 of the games day one that are 6 months or less old that just dropped/coming in the Holiday and I got 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate for less than he paid. I keep telling him Gamepass would be amazing value for him and his playing habbits to save him a ton of cash per year.

WoodenPints said:
OTBWY said:
I'm thinking Gamepass looks really interesting now. It has really come to its own and getting harder and harder to ignore. Wastelands looks nice. Also the flight sim, stunning scenery. Also I missed the memo on your own personalized controller?

Yep one thing I find interesting is a friend of mine bought 3 of the games day one that are 6 months or less old that just dropped/coming in the Holiday and I got 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate for less than he paid. I keep telling him Gamepass would be amazing value for him and his playing habbits to save him a ton of cash per year.

Definitely. I wish I had game pass for Outer Worlds cause I paid the full monty, but oh well. Learned the hard way On to Gamepass.

DeusXmachina said:
Awesome show!

Tell me why, Yakuza games, kingdom Hearts and gamepass announcements were the highlights for me.

Never got into the Kingdom Hearts games but since they are all heading to X1 I might give them another try.  The Yakuza games and all the Final Fantasy games heading to gamepass where the highlights for me.  I was planning to buy FFXII the next time it went on sale now I can buy something else instead.  I was also thinking of buying some of the Yakuza games on PS4 don't have to do that now either.

Last edited by Chris Hu - on 14 November 2019

I just finished watching. It was a good show 8/10.

Around the Network

I think, when ranking conferences, you need to consider context.

People giving the conference a 7, or even an 8 - what would a 10 look like? 4 brand new exclusives? 5?

Sometimes our expectations are a little unreasonable

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'm really looking forward to playing the new Wasteland, it's definitely right up my alley

I wouldn't be mad at all if Playground are making a new IP instead of Fable, Compulsion or Rare are capable of reviving it IMO if they were willing to take it on. Speaking of Rare I hope that EverWild can be played solo and not have forced co-op.

I rated the Conference a 8/10.

Ryuu96 said:
I do wonder if they're done acquiring studios now or they'll slow down massively, by saying what they said today it basically kills expectations that they'll be studio acquisitions at their next major event which is a good thing but maybe they'll still buy a studio when a good opportunity comes up.

Klob did massively hint at a Japanese acquisition though, I do think the studios they have now are great, they now have a lot of amazing talent which should help them have a great next generation, provided XGP fills in some gaps, such as fighting (Killer Instinct), they don't really need anymore studios but it would be nice to have a Japanese studio anyway.

Matt Booty did say a bunch of times how that many of their studios are multiple teams and growing though so setting up more dev teams in current studios is also a good thing. Whilst MS now have 15 studios it's anywhere from 25-30 actual development teams since many studios are 2-3(some possible more) team studios which is quite the difference than the 5-6 they had before the acquisitions started.

I thought the pacing was a a lot better than last year with only the eSports players section letting it down and the Fortnite ads been stuffed in but it's a solid 8/10 for the announcements we got and the new info/release dates on the upcoming games we already knew about. It was interesting at the end how Phil spoke about this been a standard to what we should expect from each X0 with the studios they now have announcing 5-6 games per year across E3/X0 is quite an exciting prospect.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 15 November 2019

crissindahouse said:
Radek said:

This was honestly awful, why was anyone excited for this?

It was basically just a 90 minute long Xbox Game Pass commercial...

Well, maybe you shouldn't watch conferences which aren't about Playstation. Would be better for everyone

I'm very interested in seeing how uh, accessible they're making Wasteland 3. It's clearly benefiting from a larger budget, but for it to reach a bigger audience it really needs to be less hardcore. I hope games like XCom and Mutant Year Zero have opened people up to playing these types of games more.