By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Tri-ace, Acquire and Comcept Inc aren't independent so we can rule them out. I don't think Platinum would sell, I feel like they value their independence and if they were to sell to anyone they would sell to Nintendo, they'd be a huge purchase for Microsoft's Japanese efforts but I just can't see it happening. Don't really care about Arc System Works, Cave, Q Entertainment, CyberConnect2 or Experience Inc (Though they could be likely as they were once working on 2 Xbox One exclusives).

I think if Microsoft wants to make a decent move into Japan they need to buy more than one studio, my personal favourites of that list would be Mistwalker (JRPG), White Owls (Swery makes unique games, something like D4 would be good for Gamepass), Grounding Inc (They're diverse, creator of Panzer Dragoon and Phantom Dust).

I have wondered what Tabata is up to lately...JP Games...I would not be surprised if Microsoft purchased his studio.

Arc system Works would be a great addition. They're ability to make awesome fighting games from other franchises(DragonBall, Persona, Granblue Fantasy)  could prove useful. Also, games like Hard Corps Uprising show they have talent in other genres too.

Klobrille makes it sound like it's a given that MS will acquire a japanese studio but i'm gonna keep my expectations low.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
OTBWY said:

He is definitely being snatched up to play Halo. Halo Infinite of course.

And I wonder how much money they offered him. 

Yeah Microsoft is definitely going to get him to stream Halo Infinite, I heard he started out playing Halo too.

EA paid Ninja $1m to stream Apex Legends, that's only streaming, Lol. Can safely assume Microsoft probably paid more than a few million to move him over.

THE BOY IS COMING BACK HOME.

Lmao that EA money was easy bank. Jesus. If Apex didn't die I wouldn't have said it XD

I don't think MS got Ninja for Halo. They'll probably let him stream whatever he wants. They just want a big name streamer on Mixer.
Ninja was a former Pro Halo player and he seems to really like Halo so he would stream Infinite regardles of a deal with MS.

Ryuu96 said:

How's the Alpha for anyone in it?

Can they even talk about it?

Voted for Mistwalker, but if Arc System Works was viable and Aksys gets shafted forever, then I'm all for BlazBlue as an exclusive!

Around the Network

I voted for Mistwalker.

I voted Cyberconnect the are the biggest one on that list and the only one that imo would have immediate impact on Xbox, multi team studio capable and experienced with AAA games.

If MS somehow manage to get Platinum then I will forever worship Phil Spencer.

Right now, it's more like Halo Loss than gain that he's not streaming it on Twitch. This move is definitely for Mixer.

Ryuu96 said:

Got in about 3 weeks ago I think it was now and the game looks nice and runs smooth it seems decent but I think combat was a little on the slow side and needs a tune up. I'm not particularly a fan of hero brawlers so I'm not to bothered about playing it a ton but will keep checking back every so often as they update it.

WoodenPints said:
Ryuu96 said:

Got in about 3 weeks ago I think it was now and the game looks nice and runs smooth it seems decent but I think combat was a little on the slow side and needs a tune up. I'm not particularly a fan of hero brawlers so I'm not to bothered about playing it a ton but will keep checking back every so often as they update it.

But that is the angle of the game right, it's slower cause it's melee only? Or is there also just regular gunplay?