By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forsaken shores is great. I like how they have the new quests when you deliver different items to characters.characters. I hope the next expansion build on and adds more content to the gameplay quests

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
I like how they have the new quests when you deliver different items to characters.

Huh? Have I missed something here? Or are you talking about upcoming Cargo Run voayages? Those aren't in game yet.

KiigelHeart said:
jason1637 said:
I like how they have the new quests when you deliver different items to characters.

Huh? Have I missed something here? Or are you talking about upcoming Cargo Run voayages? Those aren't in game yet.

Yeah im talking about the upcoming cargo voyages. I want them to add more things like that.

WoodenPints said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ah, didn't realize that tweet was so old, somebody sent it to me today so I thought it was new.

But yeah, I fully expect AoE 1, 2, and 3 DE to be among the announces at XO18 alongside mouse and keyboard support. It has been over a year now since MS announced AoE 2 and 3 DE, surely they are nearly finished. 

Yeah as soon as I saw the tweet I recalled it was the one from earlier in the year that panned out to be an error or just fake.

When they go into Mouse and keyboard support at XO18 I expect they will announce the HD games coming to Xbox as Play Anywhere titles also a bit more on Gears tactics doing the same and saying about how m+k has enabled us to bring games like this to console etc. Maybe a small teaser for AoE4? along with confirming it for console. I think also them announcing games like Civilization VI and launching soon since the Switch edition is due out 16th November and maybe a Total War game is possible.

While this is something I expect from MS after announcing kb+m support, I would not get my hopes high. The problem here is that we still don't know what policy for games Microsoft will have. They only said that they are opening up to implement kb+m support for developers if they want. So, the only thing confirmed is that now games use gamepad by default + kb/m optional if the developer implements it. Will they allow games without gamepad support at all? This is something we don't know. So, if they don't then AoE could never happen.

KiigelHeart said:

WoodenPints said: 

It's funny how that happened the first few weeks I played was a slaughter fest you couldn't leave your ship unmanned at all or end up with it gone whislt looking for chests then it became ah another ship but cba I'l sail past and do my own thing which I didn't really mind as you could chill then when you wanted to epic sea battle there was always guaranteed fun in that regard at skull forts.

The expansions are definitely getting getting better and bigger as times goes on and the latest patch only had 6 months of a development cycle which is half of what they plan going forward with the 4 teams working on content drops at 12 month cycles with expansions dropping every 3 months. There is definitely a good future for Sea of Thieves if the past updates were created in such a short time are anything to go by that the expansions arriving next year should be packed.

The thing with Sea of Thieves is that with a good crew and especially with friends it probably is the Game of the gen in terms of fun but the reverse can be said for solo play or bad PUG crews drop it to an average at best game. I do wish I knew more people who played Sea of Thieves on a regular basis and more real life friends would be great as all but one of my good real life friends on Xbox don't play it as it isn't their style of game and another friend who I know would absolutely love SoT but still hates Xbox for the forced Kinect/always online stuff from E3 2013 and won't buy a Xbox :( which is a shame as I know we could probably spend a few hundred hours on SoT and love it. Hopefully I can get them back on Xbox next gen and play some SoT then hah!

Yeah SoT isn't much fun playing solo. I wouldn't even bother. Doing voyages on Forsaken Shores map is nearly impossible alone. 

Tell your friend to get his head out of his ass ffs :D Missing out on all the fun because of something that happened five years ago.. Or play on PC, having a m&k friend doesn't hurt at all. On a side note, I also thought SoT wouldn't be my style of game but now it's a gotg contender. Of course there's still so much Rare needs to add and improve.

We're always running a duo Brig so there's a spot open if you want to join. We'll probably try Devil's Roar Athenas Voyage tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah I let rip into him quite often about it :D Running a 2 man Brig is quite good actually allowing you to grab a 3rd friend and not interrupt your current voyage and it's been a while since I last sailed with you so will try join up with you sometime .

derpysquirtle64 said:
WoodenPints said:

Yeah as soon as I saw the tweet I recalled it was the one from earlier in the year that panned out to be an error or just fake.

When they go into Mouse and keyboard support at XO18 I expect they will announce the HD games coming to Xbox as Play Anywhere titles also a bit more on Gears tactics doing the same and saying about how m+k has enabled us to bring games like this to console etc. Maybe a small teaser for AoE4? along with confirming it for console. I think also them announcing games like Civilization VI and launching soon since the Switch edition is due out 16th November and maybe a Total War game is possible.

While this is something I expect from MS after announcing kb+m support, I would not get my hopes high. The problem here is that we still don't know what policy for games Microsoft will have. They only said that they are opening up to implement kb+m support for developers if they want. So, the only thing confirmed is that now games use gamepad by default + kb/m optional if the developer implements it. Will they allow games without gamepad support at all? This is something we don't know. So, if they don't then AoE could never happen.

I think I recall something about that been allowed but not sure where and could be wrong about it.

Around the Network

Forza Horizon 4 on GamePass tomorrow!!!!

I'm excited. Downloading will probably take a while though...

Also played some Stuntman Ignition which was one of the first games I ever played on my 360. It holds up rather well, considering it wasn't a great game to begin with.

WoodenPints said:

I think I recall something about that been allowed but not sure where and could be wrong about it.

The problem that I see here is that if they allow kb/m only controls it can create unhealthy precedent. It will give developers the right not to implement gamepad support if they don't want to waste their time. For example, in case of PUBG they had to adapt it for gamepad controls but with this policy they could just straight ported it from PC without adapting it for gamepad.

Just got to work, got up early to set FH4 to download on the new One X! So excited to boot it up tonight!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

dx11332sega said:
I have a problem I play at 1:00am and get angry kinda yell because of playstation trophies and Xbox achievements :(

Stop playing.

Xbox stream service to be announced at XO18?

I honestly feel that Google is a big reason why MS is investing 1st party studios so aggressively right now, they are forcing their hand.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 02 October 2018